C h a p t e r [81]

Upstairs, my heart tremendously beat. I look up and took a breath. I feel so guilty with all of the things I've said. I honestly don't want to go back to the time where I have to call him Mister Mendes and act like his maid. I don't want that. I want the us, the before us, before this fight and misunderstanding happened. I want him talking to me and argue about little things and eventually one of us will just agree, then we'd just laugh about it. I want it back. When we went all over the places and I'm his tour guide, when we went to the shops and bought food, when we ate muffins, ice creams and cake.. when we're both overprotective with each other. I want that back, his smile is precious, his stares are treasures and his voice is what makes everything tranquil, especially when his tone is sweet and caring and.. I just want all of that back. I miss him so much.

I sit on the floor and cried and cried until I'm all tired. The next day, I woke up on the floor with the same clothes I wore to school yesterday. I fell asleep and my eyes are burning from all of those crying. I stood and stretched my back, I fixed my hair and grabbed my towel, then head downstairs. I feel dehydrated, so I decided to go into the kitchen first to grab a glass of water. To my surprise, the food I made last night was gone. I rub my eyes to see if what I saw is real and it was. I went to check the sink and it was empty, I look at the racks and saw the plates where I put the foods, they're all clean.

I didn't bother checking if he's still in the house too. Eating the foods I made and washing the plates doesn't change anything. I took a shower, got dressed, grabbed a fruit and then went on my way. I eat while I walk to school.

When I got there, I saw him, sitting like a professional man. He slowly lands his eyes on me, but I didn't try to look at him. I head straight to my chair and sat. The whole day passed, Shawn went on his way with Yuna after class. I don't where they're going but I'm trying not to care. As promised, I let Luke take me home. We just walked and talked about nonsense things but it's quite fun.

When I reached the house, I bid goodbye to him and go inside the house. The whole house is dark and obviously, he's not home yet. I shrug, don't care anymore. I turn on the lights and went straight to make him dinner. While I cook, I heard the gate clashing and then the door, opening. I turn my back and saw him on a bowing action, removing his shoes with the necklace swinging around his neck. I immediately look away and continued stirring, I thought he would come and try to talk to me again, gladly, he didn't. I just hear his footsteps heading upstairs but why do I feel like I'm missing him even more? After I made dinner, I head up to my room and slept.

The next day, it was the same thing I come up yesterday. The dinner I made was gone and the plates're washed clean. Now why's he doing this? Is he trying to make it up to me? If he does, then why isn't he talking to me? I went to school and the same thing goes. After class, he heads out of the room first, but this time, Yuna isn't with him.

Luke wanted to walk me home again but I said no. I told him that I'm going somewhere else and I'll take long. He nods and said that he truly understands. When the bell rang, I went outside the room and campus and really went to Tippy's house, but she wasn't there yet. So, I just walked on my way home like a loser. I wonder if he's already there..

I was about to take turn on the next street when all of a sudden, on the opposite side of the road, there he was. Hands inside his pockets, necklace out, the strap of his bag on his shoulders while his brunette soft hair sways from the blow of wind. He looks afloat like he's thinking something really hard, his head's turnt down, looking at the ground. I was stop dead from my tracks, but as soon as he was about to raise his head and continue walking in a fast pace, I immediately walked and act like I didn't see him.

Later on, he's already caught up. Walking beside me. My heart jumped in a sudden scare, I didn't know he was already inches away from me. I feel so awkward. Taking the same path like it was before. I'm not used to walking with him anymore. It's the truth.

He clears his throat, "Hey.." he says.

I didn't reply and just let him do the talking.

"How are you..?" He was waiting for my response but he didn't get it. "You're probably mad.. I understand May.. really.. I really do."

He's starting again, he's ruining me again. The anger and the sadness are starting to mix, I wanna scream at his face and tell him how it hurts, that it kills me... that I miss him so much. I could jump at him and hug him so tight but it would be inappropriate for the both of us. We're both having our special someones. Yuna for him and Luke for me. I didn't respond to him because I might just tear up and sob.

"What are we having for dinner..?"

I thought this is something worth answering, I shrug, "I don't know yet Mister Mendes."

"Mmm.. okay.." he stopped for a short moment, "By the way.. the dishes you made.. they're so good."

"Thank you Mister Mendes. I'm glad you liked it.." I plainly said.

"Yeah.." he paused for a long time then breathes in and out, and under his breath he says, "I.. I miss you.."