C h a p t e r [68]

I turn on the lights of the house, he went straight to the kitchen and carefully put the plastic bags on the table. He removes the box of cake out, and kept the ice creams inside the fridge. I glare at him but he seems not to care.
He opens the box and wowed in delight, he grabs two forks, and without even talking to me, he gives me the other one.

I didn't take it. He just stands before me, holding the fork, reaching it to me. I look up at him, he's smiling. We're both standing quietly for a minute, staring at each other's eyes, and eventually it starts to get funny. Smiles forming on our lips and I failed to control my laughter, and it just bursts as I grab the fork from his hand. I walked to where he puts the cake and took a little slice and eat. Two chairs are missing, mom brought them in the kitchen when she was home.

I looked at him but he disappeared. For a split second away, he came back, holding the fork in his mouth while carrying the chairs on both arms. The muscles on his biceps looks like it'll pop, but at the same time, bulging and getting veiny.

"Here." He says in a breath as he puts down the chairs.

"Thanks Shawn." I said, then sat.

He sits beside me, grabbed the fork out of his mouth and took a slice. It's funny because we didn't use any plates to take a huge slice and be on our separate eating, instead, here we are, eating the cake from it's own base.

"It's been so long since I ate a cake." He says as he takes the fork into his mouth.

"Really? Wow, you must have missed a lot of things."

"I did." He nods, "I'm just glad I'm catching up, somehow.. with you by my side."

The heat's starting to climb its way up to my face again. Why is he making me feel like this?

"Well—I—at least you're getting there." I said as I look down, trying to hide my redness.

He didn't speak of the matter but suddenly, he touches my ear, "Why're your ears a little red?"

I remember that I'm not a good liar, he might just think of it anyways. But I know I can make an excuse.

"I feel spicy."

"Spicy? Where'd you get that taste?"

"I don't know. I was just thinking about spicy noodles and all of a sudden, I felt the chili on my tongue."

"What? Really? That's quite impossible.. or you're just lying to me again?"

"Lie to you? There's nothing to lie about."

"Then look at me and tell me that it's just a pigment of your palatability imagination."

The blush's almost gone but I know there's a still a certain redness on my cheeks and it would be more questionable if he sees it wholly.

"Shawn, oh my god." I pretend to be dying of spiciness, "It's freaking spicy! Please! I—I need something cold."

"O—Okay. Wait. Wait here." He says in a panicky voice. "How about the ice creams? Wanna eat the ice creams?" He says.

"Okay, alright. Just please hurry."

He stands up and left to the kitchen. When he was gone, the heat slowly fades. When he comes back, I'm completely back to normal. Carrying two ice creams in his hands, he made a sudden stop then proceeded walking. His face's looking surprised.