C h a p t e r [182]

Shawn and I spent the rest of the day with his crew. They're extremely nice, if I'm lucky to have Tippy and Sam as my friends, Shawn's actually lucky to have his crew on his side.

They discussed things about his new music, new endorsement and upcoming concerts. He's going to be busy in the past few months and I know I'm probably going back to work when that happens. I've overspent my vacation too much, I even forgot to update my boss which obviously will be the death of me.

At 5 in the afternoon, Mustaha picked us up, we waved goodbye to them and hoped to see them soon. Inside the car, Shawn held my hand tightly, raised it to his lips and planted a kiss.

"What are you thinking beautiful?"

I simply smile and shake my head slowly, "Nothing."

"Doesn't seem like it. Tell me."

"I'm just gonna miss you."

"What?"

"You're gonna be on tour. Travelling around the world for months."

"Do you want me to cancel the tour?"

"What? No!"

"I don't want you to feel sad.. and the trauma I caused you when I left without even telling you."

"Well, you're not leaving without a word this time."

"Of course I'm not and there is no way I'm gonna do that stupid idea again."

"That's good to hear. And please don't cancel your tour."

"I don't want to leave anyway."

"You don't want because you thought of me being sad and all, huh?"

"Yeah.."

"Stop. I'll be fine. Besides, we're both lucky we're living in the century where we can see and hear each other through video calls."

"You're right. But are you sure you're gonna be fine?"

"Mhm."

"What are you gonna do while I'm away?"

"I'm gonna go back to work. It's been months since I took this vacation leave and honestly, this is too much, what boss allows her employee to take a vacation as long as they want? I mean, she's very kind and sweet, she's also my friend but don't you think it's kinda.. odd?"

"Well if you've worked so hard in the company for the past few years, served them well, didn't ask for too much and also a very good employee, I guess any boss would give you that long vacation leave."

"But this leave is like.. too much."

"Nahh."

"I don't know.. I'm a little confused."

"Don't think too much."

His phone rings all of a sudden, he takes one quick look and then ignored it completely, putting it on silent. But the vibration is filling up the car.

"Aren't you going to pick it up?"

"No. It's irrelevant."

"Oh."

"Yeah. It's just.. Yuna."

"Maybe it's business matters?"

He sighs then answered, "What do you want?"

I look out the window, lampposts lit up the streets, all in color of darkish like cellophane from the tint. I tried to ignore their conversation as much as I could but I couldn't control myself to be deaf with what Shawn is saying back to her.