C h a p t e r [50]

I swallow in nervousness, not knowing what to say. She's probably waiting. I dialed her number and she's pissed.

"Where the heck are you May? I've been waiting here outside the sidewalk movie theater for hours!"

"Oh god Tips!" I said in a shaky voice, "I'm so sorry. I'm really really sorry, b-but I can't make it on our movie date."

"What?! Why?!"

"It's Shawn.."

"Shawn?! What happened to him?"

"He's sick."

"Where are you anyways?"

"I'm at hom—his house. He's really sick, I couldn't leave him alone. I'm really sorry."

She sighs, "Fine. But promise me you have to make it up to me."

I nod, "I promise."

"Okay. I guess I'm gonna go to Sam's." She sighs, "He's gonna be fine, don't worry. You're his strength."

"What?"

"He loves you and when the person you love is close to you, you feel peaceful and calm and—"

"Okay, Tips. Okay. I.. I gotta go."

"Same here. Bye, girl."

"Bye Tips, thank you!"

And the phone call ended. This time, I dialed Mom's number and it rang as I head downstairs.

"Hey sweetie!"

"Hey mom. When're you planning on going home?"

"I'm going home this Monday."

"Really?!"

"Yes, but.."

"Yep. There it is. The but. Okay.. but?"

"But I'm going back because.. your Aunt.."

"What happened to her? Is she alright?"

"She is but she's getting weak."

"Oh my god.."

"I know sweetheart.." she says. There's fear in her voice, like she's about to start crying.

"Mom, please don't be like that. Don't start, please. I don't want to cry. Stay positive. She's gonna get better."

"Yeah.." she says as her tone brightens up, "She will. By the way.. how are you?"

I sigh, I know I shouldn't be selfish at this point, she's going through enough and opening and telling her about what's really going with me and the son of my dad's boss will only make her worried and put a lot of weight on her shoulders. Besides, it's no big deal. Shawn and I are.. I don't know.. getting along pretty well?
And I'm not so worried about living with him in the same house like before. I can take him and his highness.

"I'm fine, mom." I said in a fake cheerful tone, "Very cool. Very fine."

"Really?"

"Yeah! Of course!"

"You two must be really getting along well."

"Yeah. He's actually kind, sweet and funny, hardworking and cute." I said which is totally the opposite of what he really is.

"I told you, you just need to know him a little more and you'll be fine."

"Right.."

"How's he, by the way? Did you do that touring around the town he requested you to do?"

"He didn't asked me, he asked you and you're too fast to say that I'm touring him though I didn't even say yes."