C h a p t e r [14]

After he said that, I realized that it was really about the money I made him angry about. He hates when people just bring up money and riches.

"Wow.." I mutter, "That was.. deep."

His brows creased as if I offended him.

"I-I was serious!"

He didn't speak but his face relaxed.

I handed him a plate just so the two of us can eat dinner and rest since tomorrow's just another day before the weekdays ends.

"Do you have a sibling?" He asks suddenly.

I shake my head, "Nope. I'm an only child. You're living here for a long time now and I know that you know that it's just me and my mom."

He shrugs, "I don't know that, maybe you have a brother or a sister living far away."

"Nope. Do you?" I bounce the question to him.

He reaches for his back and scratched it, "Well yeah.. I.. I do.."

"Really? What's his name?"

"She's a girl.. and her name's Aaliyah."

"Oh wow.. how old is she?"

"She's 15 now, that's for sure."

"Wait. What do you mean 'that's for sure?'"

"I'm not really sure about her age, I haven't seen her for years."

"WHAT?! Where is she? Aren't she living with you and your dad?"

"No.." he stopped and looked down, his face's filled with sadness and anger.

"I.. I'm sorry.." I mumble.

"For?"

"For you and—"

"No. Don't ever say that about me and them."

"Wait—What?"

He shakes his head as if he's snapping himself out of his growing outburst, "N-Nothing. Forget it.."

Just as when the meal's ready, I served it on the table. His face got pretty excited, he took two and tasted it. He didn't say a thing but I'm pretty sure he likes it.

While the two of us are eating, I think it's just right that I apologize for rubbing everything he has on his face. I swallow and spoke.

"Hey.." I said.

He looks at me while chewing.

"I'm sorry.."

His stare sharpened, thinking quick that I was apologizing for the same reason again.

"Don't give me that look. I'm apologizing for what I said before."

I really don't like apologizing but whenever I know I'm wrong, I always speak it out with the utmost and purest sincerity.

"I told you something about two or three days ago when we're heading home after class."

"Oh.. that. Don't worry, it's nothing."

"Really? Because you seriously got mad at me."

"It's just because you always put on an attitude towards me."