C h a p t e r [127]

Arms got weak, leg got tired and flesh trembled, feeling like about to fall on the floor. Seeing him again, I don't know what to say, but I know I don't want him around anymore. He just looks at me, hoping I would smile and run to him and give him the tightest hug; and say how much I missed him. But it's not that easy. Only if it was that easy.

Mom grabbed my wrist and led me to him, "It's really nice to see you both." Mom says.

He clenched his teeth, tightening his jaws, controlling something inside him, "Hi.. May."

I faked a smile and acted so professional, "Oh, hi. Welcome back." I lift my hand and offered a handshake.

He droops but pretended to be firm, he grabs my hand and didn't looked like a handshake but a sense of missing. Looks like he didn't expect a handshake, he expected something he's longing to get from me.

He just holds it with a mild grip, as if he don't want to let my hand go. I faked a smile once more and forcefully pulled my hand off. I walk and head to get some glass and water. I didn't speak anymore and show him that I have moved on over the past months and year.

"Well, you two have a good conversation. There's a lot of things you missed for all those days being away from each other." Mom says, "Me and your Aunt Mary will be in the living room, watching an old film." She looks at Shawn, "Holler if you need anything, alright Shawn?"

"Yes Mrs. Archer."

Mom left. It's just me and him, but instead of avoiding him quickly, I slowly drink my glass of water so I won't look like I'm still affected with what he did.

"So.." he speaks.

I look at him while taking a short break from drinking. He's still standing on the same spot but looking directly to the side of the fridge where I'm standing. He looks good if I'm being honest and he's changed, a lot.

"How are you..?" He asks, sounding hesitant. Probably he knows that I've been miserable since he left without a word and trace.

I slightly pucker my lips, "Never been better."

"That's.. good to hear."

"Yeah, it is. How 'bout you? I heard the news, you're a singer now..?"

He nods with a slightly smile, "You inspired me to."

After what he said, all I have in mind was to disagree, all I have in heart was to stop. I don't want him to get inside the two again. I don't want him to make me fall for him again and ruin me when he's done. I gulp the half of the water and dropped it on the sink.

"You inspired yourself." I said as I rinse the glass I used, "Not me."

"It's you."

I put the glass on the rack and looked at him with a cold look, "That's nice." I sarcastically said and left to fetch my bags lying in front of the stairs.

I grabbed both straps, not knowing he followed me and grabbed the other one. I was shocked but immediately switch into something he's unfamiliar with.

"Let me help." He says.

"No. I can do it." I said with a fake chuckle.

"Please, let me help you."

"No, really, I can do it."