C h a p t e r [160]

My lips curved upwards. I can taste the mint on the surface. It.. tastes.. relaxing.

"Be careful."

"Yes ma'am."

He opened the car door for himself and went inside the car, but before the car could even start moving, he pulls the window down and said, "Go inside. It's dangerous."

"Shawn, I'm in front of—"

"Still. Go inside."

"It's—"

"May."

"Fine. Okay. Be careful." I said before heading towards the gate.

He smiles. Flashing back those college time memories when he always laughs and seems to have fun pissing me off.

"Goodnight Love." He waves his hand.

"Goodnight."

"Love you."

"I—" Face begins to feel hot but still I managed to give him a tongue out, "BLEH!"

He laughs as he closes the window and the car moved swiftly. I went inside the house, walking with a smile on my face but it disappeared sooner than I expected. I suddenly remember that I still don't have any dress to wear for tomorrow. Harry is going to be disappointed. He probably would be.

My heart races as I lock the gate and the doors, thinking and jumping from one idea to another, how am I supposed to go and rent some gowns or whatever to look 'stunning' for tomorrow? It's late in the evening and shops for dresses are already closed, that's for sure.

Until one idea popped up. It's not that great but it would probably do. I have a red skirt in my cabinet and a red sweatshirt. I also have a red rubber shoes. Maybe those'll do.. but that's an elegant party and I'm going there like a swagger from 2012. Incredibly inappropriate. But I have no other choice or else I won't have anything to wear. How stupid can I get, forgetting to rent a dress!

I rushed upstairs, straight in my room and there, soon as I open the door, something glimmer in the dim lit four corners. I squint my eyes the same moment I turn on the light. My! What a beautiful red dress, lying neatly on my bed.

My jaw dropped in awe and disbelief. Is this mine? Where did this come from? Is this a prayer, answered? Wait.. or Shawn knew about the party I'll be attending tomorrow and left this here before he left? No. He can't be.

I grabbed the dress without even unfolding front and back to speculate and inspect the dress. I just ran downstairs. Heading inside her room without my brain intact, I woke her up. Being a rude person for moment.

"Mom..? Mom..?"

She groans, "Whaaaaaaaat..?"

"Did Shawn tell you anything?"

"Tell me what?"

"I don't know. About a party or something."

"No, but—oh—" she scratches her neck, obviously irritated by her sudden awakening, "A guy came here earlier today, before you and Tippy arrived from your trip."

"A guy?"

"He asked if I could give it to you as a surprise but I said you're not home. He said he still wanted it to be a surprise, so I suggested I'd just leave it in your room and not tell you anything about it. Alright? Now let me go back go sleep."

"What!? He went here?!"

"Go aaawaaaaay.."

"Moooom! Last two question.. is his hair curly?! And—and what is his accent?!"

"Yes. Curly. And.." she yawns, "He's British."

I gasp, "Harry went to deliver this dress for me?!"

"Harry, Gary, Larry, Canary, whatever, go away."

So my Shawn theory is completely false. And it's quite impossible. Or not? But yes, it's false. Harry took this dress here for me to wear for tomorrow's event.

"Night mom. Thank you so much!" I said and kissed her goodnight.

Then up in my room I go. There, I lift the dress and appreciate how mesmerizing it was. Crystal beads on the ruffle edges and like a running fiery flame up on the neck and end part of the dress.

I put it down back on my bed with a sigh. Pretty excited to wear the dress tomorrow at the party. I lay down on my bed afterwards and fell asleep in a snap.

In the dark, I wake up and an elegant music plays in nowhere. Just a violin, mourning.

"Hello?"

But there's no answer. Suddenly, a spotlight shines upon one person only, focused on him only. From his back, a familiar haircut. A familiar height and body built.

"Shawn?"

He turns around but his expression isn't what I expected. It's.. way too different. Shawn in my dreams has never been so terrifying. The only time he frightened me was when he was in the dark, talking in a deep demonic like voice. But his face now, red eyes and sharp stares. Tells much how unhappy he is.

Wearing a black suit and a red bow. He didn't say a word, he simply turns around and slowly left. I called his name, over and over again but he didn't bother to look back anymore. He gets farther and farther but the light still follows him, then he collapsed, somewhere in the dark floor.

"SHAWN!" I yelled.

He didn't not make a move and that's where I began to panic and felt incredibly weak. Still, I run, running to get to him, but no matter how hard I try to run, to stomp my feet on the ground, I'm still on the very same spot.

"SHAWNNNN!!"

"I'll beat him to death." A low cold voice beside me says.

I gasp for air with my heart beating fast. Afraid. In my room, I can still feel the thuds in my chest.

"MAY?" Mom yells from downstairs, "MAY?"

I pick up my phone beside my bed and checked the time. It's 8 in the morning. How can I wake up an hour late! I should be up at 7 to prepare this crusty face of mine. Darn it!

"MAY? HONEY?"

I put my hands and stretched while sitting on the bed, with a light moan.

"MAY?" Mom knocks on my door.

"Yeah? Sorry, I was stretch—"

"How many times do I have to call you before you answer."

"I'm supposed to be asleep mom, how can I—"

"You're always up for arguments. You don't take sermons."

"Fine Reverend Mother. I'm sorry."

"Attitude May. You better get up and wash your face because someone's waiting for you outside."

"What??! Who?!"

"It's that British boy."