C h a p t e r [83]

I yank my head with a curious look, he just laughed it off. After we ate breakfast, on with the old times. We walk together to school and head in the classroom. It feels like the first time. Everyone seems surprised to see us coming together and sit on our chairs.

Today is the fourth day of the week and in 3 days time, the deal is off. Back when we're still in bad terms. I'm quite okay with the idea of him and me, ending our deal; but now that we're okay, I wish it wouldn't just come to an end.

Lunch break, Shawn called my name. I look back at him, he was about to say something when Yuna suddenly asked him to go with her to the canteen. I'm confused what to feel.

He just stares at me, then he says, "Come on May.. let's grab some lunch."

Yuna grabs him on the upper arm, "Shawn, come on! Let's go!" She stops as soon as she realizes that he is talking to me, "Oh, hey there May."

"Hey.." I said.

"I'm gonna take Shawn to the canteen, he owes me some tasty lunch."

From my seat, I look at them, Shawn's asking me to go with him but I didn't know he owes Yuna some food. I wonder why he owes her.

"Shawn! Come on! I'm starving!" She said pulling his arm.

"May.." Shawn says.

"Hey, wanna grab something to eat?" Luke, coming from their backs.

"Shawnnnn! Let's go! May's with that guy, they can go together instead, right May?"

"We are. And May doesn't mind at all, and I'm just not a guy, I'm Luke Hemmings!" Luke shouts.

"I don't care. Shawn! Let's go!!" She replies.

"May, come on." Shawn says in a weak voice.

"She's grabbing lunch with me, rich boy!" Luke interfered.

"Go ahead." I smiled, "Yuna must be really hungry."

He wasn't able to respond, she's already clinging to his arm like they're more than just close friends. When they're out of everybody's sights, Luke looks at me, unbelieving and not not showing support of our conversation.

"Why's he now talking to you? Why are you guys talking? What, you guys okay now?"

"Yeah.. we talked."

"What did I tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"I told you to stop getting close to him, didn't I?"

"Wait—what? You told that I should distance myself after the deal. It's not even four weeks yet, Luke."

He failed to speak for his reasons, then he asked me to go eat lunch with him but I declined. I lost my appetite, I lost the energy. I just want to sleep.

"I'll bring you some food, if you want." Luke says.

I shake my head and rest my head on the table.

"Suit yourself.." he says.

When I lift my head to see if he's gone, I just saw his back along with a girl, maybe they just made the same movement and same way. I lay my head down and closed my eyes. Yuna and Shawn's image are flashing in my memory, the way she grabs his arm isn't a normal friendly grab. It's something..

While I was sleeping, my mind's already forming a dream. I was in the forest, running. I felt my wrist like there's a tight lock, when I looked at it, it was someone's hand. I gave all of what I can to stop but the person is too strong.

"Who—Who are you?! Where are you taking me!?"

He was talking but it's was too shaky and deep and scary, but not as deep as the guy's voice in the dark from my previous dreams. I had a glimpse of yellowish hair and that's just it. I woke up from Talia's laugh. I raise my head with my eyes shrunk from the luminance of the room, seeing things blurry, then, it starts to calm and get clearer. I look around to see if Yuna and Shawn's already back, but they're not.

Talia was glaring at me with a dirty smirk on her face. I ignored her like I didn't see her but her face says like she's up to something bad.

The door opens and Yuna and Shawn shows up. Yuna heads in first with a wide smile on her lips, the ones you usually see after a romantic dinner with the love of her life. Shawn heads in, his eyes were already pasted and gazing at me. I quickly turn my eyes on the wall above the board. He walk past me as he walks to his chair. The sound of the chair being dragged drills my ears.

"Thanks for the food Shawn!" Yuna says a little too loud, enough for me to hear, for Talia and everyone in the room.

I pretend I don't mind, but I'm feeling insecure. He pokes me at my back, I turn my head and look at him over my shoulder.

"I thought you and Luke went to grab some lunch?" He asks in a worried voice.

"We didn't. I fell asleep."

He stopped for a second, "So you didn't eat anything?"

"I'm okay. I'm not hungry."

"If you want, we can go grab some—"

"Shawn! I'm thirsty! Can you help me get something to drink?" Yuna interrupts.

I smiled at him, "She needs help." I mumble. Seriously, that was rude. I clench and clash my teeth. I turn my head and looked straight.

The next thing I heard from my back is his chair, getting dragged away as he stands. Yuna giggles as they both leave the room.

Luke heads in and sits on his chair, "You hungry?" He asks.

"No. I'm fine." I smiled.

After a long period of minutes, Shawn and Yuna gets back. A little more, the next teacher arrives and the whole day went by. Shawn's waiting for me, of course, since we're back to how we were before, but some things weren't. I stand after sitting for hours, Shawn and I both looked into each other's eyes and smiled, knowing we're about to head home, together; knowing we're going enjoy a walk home, but..

"Shawn, let's go?" Yuna says.

He looks at her as she took his attention, then he looks at me again. She jumps then scoops her hands around his arm, snuggling it. He didn't respond but he seems to be in a some kind of confusion.

"Hey, May, you ready to go?" Luke says as he adds to the complication of the situation.

I simply nod my head off, "Yeah, l–let's go."