C h a p t e r [177]

I went to bed and laid my head down on his arm. His scent lingered and flourished through me, the manliness and the tease at the same time. I put my arm on his stomach and just feel the up and down movements as he breathes in and out. Beneath the fabric of his shirt, it's his rock hard abs that I want to touch, but that would be so unlikely of me.

He secured me with his arm as my pillow reach my back, while his other hand's under his head. The room's filled with silence but joy and love, though I'm having random thoughts of touching his abs and chest.

He sighs, then closed his eyes and tried to sleep. I did too, but I can't just yet, something boggling my mind; and it's not because I wanted to run circles on his chest with my fingers but because I.. don't know. Me and my stupid thoughts did not coincide really well, my hand simply run up to his chest and felt like two large bumpy mountains as I put it in between. It really is something.

I sway my hand side to side as if I'm wiping something off until the moment my fingers dashed through something hard. I already knew it was the necklace I gave him many years ago.

"I never took it off." He says in a raspy voice whilst his eyes still shut.

I continue to caress the necklace from his shirt.

"The last time it got off was involuntary. It was when we were at the trip after winning the Peer Building Event. I don't know if you still remember that.."

"I remember that, every bit of it.. we went to an abandoned greenhouse and there, you lost it. Then the next thing I know is Yuna, dangling it on my face, saying you gave it to her."

"She's out of her mind."

I chuckle, "Yeah. I was so upset."

"I know. I remember that time you beat the crap out of her because of it."

"Honestly, I didn't know I'm capable of hurting someone physically.. I felt bad for her, it's not my intention. Maybe I'm just too angry, she made me believe that you're together and you gave her the gift I gave you."

"I think that's what most girlfriends would do."

"Love, still, that's—"

"Wait, what, can you say that again?"

"The what?"

"The L word."

"Love?"

"Damn yes. Say it one more time."

"Love."

"Seriously, why does it sound so sexy when you're saying it?"

"Because I don't say it often."

"Well, starting from now, you're gonna use that endearment to me. Not Shawn."

"And why should I?"

"Because we're now together and it's been our endearment call ever since.. besides, I don't want to get excited every time you're saying that word."

"Shut up." I said with a giggle.

"I'm serious!"