C h a p t e r [71]

The dog licks his hand and wanted to be petted again. Shawn's hand is holding my waist with his face on my shoulder and his other hand on the dog. As hard as I try to conceal and deny this feelings, it's increasing time to time.

"Is she trying to know what I taste like?" He muffles with his mouth pressing against my shirt beneath my skin.

"No, silly! Try to look at her because she's actually looking back at you."

He looks at her slowly, then he runs his hand to her head and pet her himself. He then got a little used to it that his hand on my waist started loosing its tight grip. When he's already fine with one dog, I asked him if he'd want to get inside the pen but he declined. He said he's gonna get used to the dog outside first. Nezar went to us and told us that the dog's name is Stella. Since Shawn looks so exhausted with all of the fright and fear, excitement and satisfaction, we bid goodbye to Stella and the other dogs. I thanked Nezar for letting one dog out of the pen, just to let Shawn face his fear of canines. I also thanked the old woman who welcomed us with warmth.

Shawn and I head out of the Dog Adoption Center. He doesn't know that the next stop we're going is the Music Shop.

"Have you conquered your fear of dogs?"

"I'm getting there May." He says, his eyes went looking flat and his mouth opens as he sneezed, "Excuse me."

"Bless you." I chuckle.

He sneezed again.

"Bless you." I repeat.

"Must be my allergies." He says.

"I shouldn't have brought you there. I'm sorry."

"Why would you say that? I've enjoyed everything.. and besides.. you stayed with me as I stiffen myself up to conquer my trauma to dogs."

"Do you want to go to the clinic? We could ask for some medicine."

"No. This'll go away eventually, don't worry."

He sneezed once again, I pull out a small handkerchief from my bag and gave it to him. He was to refuse but I insisted. He took it off of my hand and put it to his nose, sniffling, he mumbles, "Cherry.."

"You can still sniff with that stuffed nose of yours?"

"This isn't as serious as you think May."

He caress his face with my handkerchief, then put it inside his pocket, I noticed how I never saw him wash his clothes nor ask me to wash them.

"Hey, how come I haven't seen you wash your clothes?"

"Mustaha takes them to the laundry."

"How? I've never seen him get your dirty clothes."

"It's a secret."

I raised a brow and let it be. I thought of asking what's his favorite instrument if he ever seen or played one.

"What's your favorite instrument?"

"Me? Guitar."

"REALLY?!"

He yanks his head, a little surprised why I suddenly asked and with my reaction.