C h a p t e r [153]

"Me?" Shawn asks in utmost confusion.

"Yes. Carrying two loaded bags."

He suddenly looked troubled but slip through a different approach to the statement. He hits his tongue against his teeth and made a sound, then he swallows, "I guess it could wait. I'll have May's pancakes first before I deal with who that mystery person is."

But it feels so wrong. Something tells me it's not someone I'd be glad to see. Contradicting their request would be rude and a disappointment. Tippy heads to the kitchen and yelled my name to come over, so I did. Along with Shawn and Sam, except for mom, she's probably tired of dealing with a clump of noisy people like us.. or them.

As per request, I made batches of pancakes and eggs and bacon in addition; and we all shared a good conversation and laugh worthy memories.

At 8:00 in the morning, Tippy and Sam decided to leave and Shawn and I went to take them outside. They head inside their car while we stood and watched it sped away. When the day seems to be over of trips and it's time for Shawn to take care of that someone upstairs, he asked me one thing.

"Let's go?"

"Go? Go where? We just got home from that two day long road trip."

"I know. I just.. wanna spend a time alone with you."

I pucker my lips and swung it to the side, "Hmm.. what about that 'someone' waiting upstairs?"

"I bet it's just Mustaha or-"

"Mustaha?!"

"Yeah or just one of dad's people."

I lift my shoulders" Okay then, I'll just go change my shirt."

"What? It doesn't matter, people are not gonna come to you and guess if you're wearing the same shirt or-"

"Shawn, this shirt smells dried grapes from Sam's car perfume."

He laughs, "Don't you want that? You smell like wine."

"No."

He grabs my hand, "Come on!"

"Wait!"

"Just.."

"SHAWN!"

But whatever struggle I did to get away back to the house, he just holds me with a forced pull, insisting me not to  to  go  back.

"OKAY! FINE! Just tell mom we're leaving."

He smiles, lets go of my hand and headed towards the door, "Wait a sec. This'll be quick."

I nod, smiling back at his endearing face. Thought it would be easy and quick, thought he's only gonna take 20 seconds or so, but it's been 5 minutes and he's not out here yet. I'm starting to feel dull and lame and when I finally had it, it seems that the only simple way is for me to go inside, tell mom about his plan to roam around then pick him up myself.

As soon as I was about to hold the doorknob and swing it open, it flung back, unlocking and revealing his distorted and upset facial expression; but it changed as swift as a blink of an eye. He smiles but the nervousness is still there.

"What took you so long?"

"Come on." He grabs me by the wrist.

"Wait, Shawn, what happened?"

"Nothing, nothing happened." He says as he pulls me away.

"No, Shawn, wait.." I put the weight on my feet and made him stop, somehow, "Tell. Me."

"It was just my wallet and credit card. I was looking for them and thought I've lost it, but it's okay now. I found it."

"Where'd you find it?"

"In the pocket of my bag."

I nod.

We then continue to walk, his hand simply glides down from my wrist down to my fingers. Slowly covering and filling the spaces of my hand. He breathes in and when he breathes out, he brought a wrinkle on the sides of his lips.

"This is good. Isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is.."

"It's been so long since we held hands, walking and off to somewhere. Having you beside me and having me beside you."

"This is not the definition of the word 'friend.'"

"But you like it, don't you?"

"Well, I.."

"Oh I already know your answer Love."

"You shouldn't call me that, specially now that we're in public."

"So that means I can call you that when it's on private or whenever it's only the two of us? Or when your Mom, Aunt, Tippy and Sam's around? That's not hard."

"Not ever. You're not the Shawn before Shawn. The Shawn that can go and  roam  around and no one will come to you and ask for a  picture. I mean, yes you are handsome and attractive but-"

"Wait. I'm handsome?"

I groan, "Really?"

"Just answer the question."

"No. You big headed boastful jerk."

He giggle, "I'm attractive?"

"Oh shut up. What I meant to say is that if you're not that handsome, cute, attractive and a piece of ass, then people wouldn't go to you and ask for a  picture and hugs and-"

"You think it's because of good looks?"

"No, I was referring to when you weren't THAT famous yet. When you're just somehow a teenie-tiny-beetie-weetie normal person."

"I am still teenie-tiny-tinnie-tiddy normal."

"That's an epic fail for trying to imitate me."

"I know. One word even went a little too far, but no, really, I still am."

"Mmmmmaybe? I remember those cashiers, waitresses and other places we've been to when we were still in college, they all got their eyes on you. Like  sticky sticky glue pasted on you. Wherever you go or whatever you do."

"Were you jealous though?"

"Excuse me?"

"I just thought I'd ask you that question again. I know you've answered that years ago, 'bout getting jealous over these people trying to have me but—"

"UGH! The conceitedness! It's overflowing, it's unbearable!!"

"Come on May, I just wanna hear it again. It's like music in my ears."

"No."

"W—Wait, why are you walking so fast? You're probably forgetting we're holding hands."

"Whatever."

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding! Hahahaha! I get your point."

"You better."

"But.. were you though?"

"SHAWN!"

"Just a simple yes or no."

"Or."

"Okay, how about you poke me in any part of my body and that will just simply say that YOU WERE."

"Shawn and his genius answering rules."

He didn't speak and just waited for the poke. Well, I don't want to look so desperate which I already am. After a minute of quietness, I lift my other hand up and poked his shoulder.