C h a p t e r [28]

Everything seems to stop when he yelled the word 'Babe.' I know he's referring to me, I know he's calling me but I chose to ignore it to avoid the controversy and the criticism of the people around me.

"I just can't forget him that easily Tips." I said, trying to still revive the conversation.

"BABE!" He yells again.

Tippy's attention is not on me nor the conversation I'm trying to keep hanging.

"I-Is he..?" She utters.

"I really like him Tips. Luke Hemmings is my one and—"

"He–He–He's coming over here." She whispers but I don't mind what she's actually saying.

"Luke Hemmings can sing, he has blue eyes, blonde hair and he's just the type of guy to be drooled with."

"May.. He's—"

"You know Tippy, you should see the reasons why I like Luke—"

"Babe." An arm was laid on my back, "I've been calling you." He says in a sweet tone.

I could scream and punch him in the face at the same time, this is nothing but a SCANDAL. A PUBLIC SCANDAL. Tippy's jaw dropped.

"Oh, hey." He says to her, "You must be her friend."

"She's my best friend." I said.

I can't throw him off the bus knowing I'm in it and later on I will be calling him back, so whether I like it or not, it is still going to be a scandal. May Archer, the topnotcher who nearly has no friends is dating the ultra hot transferee who is the son of a rich man and has loads of money, who is the topnotcher in his classes back in his country and is the observer of the whole school.

Tippy blinks as if she can't believe what just happened.

He chuckles, I don't know how to describe it but it's low and.. sexy?, "Mind if I take her away for a moment? Lori's looking for the leaders. Let's go babe." He said and takes me away.

When we're a little too far from where Tippy is standing, I mutter, angrily, "What the hell?! WHAT. THE. HELL?!!"

"What? Lori's calling you."

"Was that necessary?! Why did you do that?!"

"Do what? Call you babe?"

"Y-Yeah! THAT!"

He laughs, "Whether I call you babe or not, you're still gonna call me that. People are gonna hear it, people will know it and eventually they'll understand that you and I are in a.. what do you call that?"

"May!" Lori calls as soon as she caught me in her eyes.

"Go." He whispers, "Don't forget to call me babe or else.."

I didn't reply but I feel so uncomfortable.

"Where's Tippy?" She asks.

"Oh.. she's.." I turn my head to look at her behind me and Shawn, "She's over there. Want me to call her?"

"No, no. It's okay. I'm just gonna tell you about what are the things you'll decorate anyways."

I nod. Lori explains this and that, pin the flowers here and there, put signs over there and here, cut out and innovate decorating stuffs then left with the clipboard, along with Tippy who is giving me the look. A look that tells me that she is very happy for me, being with the talk of the campus guy. I wrinkle my brows at her but she just shake her head with a smile.

When the two of them are already out of sight.

"So, what are we decorating?" He asks.

I glare at him.