C h a p t e r [8]

"Well, looks like May and the transferee's done already." She and her friends giggled like it's so hilarious.

They said that small brains talk the loudest, so I just pretended like I didn't hear anything and let them look stupid.

Luke leaned sideways, "Hey, aren't you going to tell us the plan?"

I think I dropped my heart, his breath smells like mint, but is this real? Somebody pinch me. I can't stare into his eyes for long, I'm falling deep.

"Oh. Uh. I-I'm still waiting for the transferee to get them."

He sighs and nods, didn't respond anymore. He fixes his way of sitting and I realize how my anger just slowly disappeared.

The door opens, Professor Marie heads in with her box of whiteboard marker and eraser. Shawn's still not here, he's gonna get scolded so bad if he doesn't show up in 5 minutes.

"Good Morning class." She says.

Just as we were about to greet her, the door opened, showing his hand on the doorknob.

"Well Mr. Mendes. Where have you been?"

I can't see any nervousness in his face, he doesn't even really look scared or awkward with all these eyes staring at him. His face and the face he has this morning's just the same. Calm and relaxed.

"Comfort room."

"You're a minute late."

He didn't apologize and just waited until Professor Marie tells him to get inside. Must be really hard for him to spit the word sorry. He silently went to his chair and sits behind me. The discussion of her lesson started. Saying nothing and just plays it cool makes me pissed.

Time elapsed and the class's over. Everyone went out, I was about too when all of a sudden, he talks to me like he did nothing.

"Hey." He says.

I didn't look at him nor responded. I ignored him but tried really hard to play it cool too. I head out to the hallway, thought I'd see Tippy to talk to and tell her about Luke but again, she's not there.

"Hey.." he says again.

I walked faster and acted like he's not there. When we got outside the campus, he suddenly stopped talking to get my attention and become all quiet.

Awkwardly walking with him, it felt so uncomfortable being mad at him yet we're taking the same streets. But it's okay, at least I can pretend he's not existing.

"This poor girl isn't talking to me, I don't even know the reason why." He continues, "I just needed some time to cope up but she exploded."

I hold up everything, clenched my teeth together before I burst out again. All of his actions makes me peevish, and to add up, he's the only one who can do it. Talia can't piss me off in just a snap but him, UNBELIEVABLE!

"She gets so easily irritated. I don't know why.." he added.

"You don't know why? Really?" I said in an upset tone.

I failed to control and tempt myself on bursting out and talking back at his clueless-like statements about me.

He chuckles, "Yep. I don't know why you're so mad at me."