C h a p t e r [183]

"Night Shawn."

We both closed our eyes until I remember. He's going to sing me a song to sleep.

"By the way.. you're gonna si–"

"I know." He chuckles, "I'll sing quietly."

"Sure. You can just hum the lyrics if you want."

He clears his throat, "Okay, I'm not gonna hum. But.. here we go. I think it's time that I'd be honest, shouldn't have told you not to go.."

I can feel the vibration of his voice on his body behind me. It just goes on and on until I quickly drifted away. Slipping unconscious.

The next day, I woke up with the sun shining on my morning crumpled face. Tightly pressing a hotdog pillow wrapped around my stomach thinking it was his arm but also realizing it's too fluffy and big to be his arm, I open my eyes to find myself in bed without Shawn on my side. I suddenly felt nervous, thinking he had left me again, but I know he wouldn't. He's just probably downstairs, helping mom make breakfast or maybe taking a shower.

I head downstairs, finding Mom and Aunt Mary sitting in the kitchen with Shawn standing at the stove, cooking.

"Oh, good morning sweetheart." Mom greets, "Sit down, Shawn's making us breakfast."

I walked in and with awe as I look at the food, "Wow.."

Shawn turns around, his face awashed brightly. He smiles, "Good morning beautiful."

Mom watches in silence but with approval.

"Good morning.." I replied smiling.

"You two.." Aunt Mary mumbles, "Are you dating?"

"Too early for that type of question Aunt Mary."

"It's just.. I swear I did not see this coming. You hated each other so much and though I usually agree with the idea of you two being together, I didn't know it'd really happen."

"The what?" Mom asks.

"The what what?"

"The what you didn't see coming?"

"Them."

"Oh. Well, not me. I already saw it. When Shawn moved in and they usually argue like it's their daily routine and the immaturity was highly present."

I shook my head with a laugh, "Those are some funny college days memories and besides, we met in a very ugly way anyway and Shawn before has a very bad temper and also, the attitude!"

"Hey, if you didn't yelled at my face first day in class, I would've been a little kinder to you and you're the one to talk." He chuckles, "You also have a very bad temper, maybe that's why we just collide every time we talk."

I shrug, "Exactly. But I honestly just can't help myself because you're too cocky and you just piss me off with it every single time I talk to you."

"Nah, you're just intimidated."

"Me? With who? You?"

"Yeah."

"Why would I be?"

"Because I'm too cute." He puts a plate of sunny side up eggs, bacon and toasted bread on the table where I'm seated.

"HA! You wish."

"Yep. Stop denying, you know I can tell when you're lying."

We argue like how couples does that we forgot Mom and Aunt Mary's sitting on the table in the kitchen with us.