C h a p t e r [102]

"May..?" I heard Shawn saying but it's too late to see their expressions.

I walked fast, sobbing like a lost kid. I forgot how scary the woods are, nor how sharp the rocks are, I just rushed.

"MAY!" He yells and his voice echoed all throughout the woods and the sounds of him following me.

I run, fast and double as what I can. My heart beating tremendously, filling up with rage, hate, sadness and questions. Both shoulders, arms and legs feels like carrying heavy loads of metal, preventing me to triple my speed. One question in mind and that is 'Why.'

The way they both kissed flashes back in my mind and it hurts as much as when I saw them with my very eyes. I thought it's the time for me to say what I really feel about him. I really thought it was at that moment..

Another expectation ruined by the truth, by the reality. Panting and sobbing, visions are blurring out from the tears and the temperature seems to increase. Clumsily, while looking like I'm trying to escape the madness, I cut myself on the leg with a broken point of a tree hiding beneath the huge rock I run past.

Skin was opened a little and an ample amount of blood dripped down but to compare, nothing hurts more than to see them together, doing something I did not see coming. Is it betrayal? Is it accidental? Or is it intentional?

I stopped running, I can't hear Shawn calling my name anymore, I'm pretty sure I'm far from him or I took a different direction out of my knowledge and lost in the woods myself. I lift my head slightly to check on it, it stings and it's getting worse. I sit down on the solid soil, pulled my sleeve down and pressed it against the open skin. The blood stained my gray sweatshirt and the pain exceeds, adding the physical and mental emotions together.

I bite my lip, concealing a scream as tears flow down from my eyes, it's swelling, it's burning. My breathing changed, the fingers on my feet pulled itself inwards from my shoes as I press the cloth harder. Recovering very little, I stood and walked smaller to not make my leg bleed more. Without anything to cover it, it getting exposed and needs some serious treating.

All I have in mind is to get back and forget all about this. It's getting darker as the sun is close to pulling itself down.

"May?" A voice calls. It's not Shawn's, but Luke's.

"I need to get to him. Fast.." I mumble while taking steps.

"MAY!" Another voice adds, this time, it's Shawn's.

I look back and see him panicking from afar, restless; but he hasn't seen me yet and I'm not planning to.

"May?" Luke calls again. I followed his voice and eventually saw him.

"Luke.." I said in a sigh, as I try to walk further to get to him, the wound seemed to get painful. So painful that it made me sat on the I sat back on the soil.

"MAY!" Luke exclaimed when he saw me, he runs and bent his knees to check what happened to me.

He saw my cut and asked in panic, "W—What happened?! W—Who did this to you?!"

"No one. It was an accident. I didn't saw the point of the tree, I was running and it accidentally cut me."

"Why are your—did you cry?!"

"No.."

"Your eyes are red May.."

"Maybe because the wound is too painful.."