C h a p t e r [48]

One last thing to do before I'm completely done with all of this wiping thing. His back.

"Okay, Mr. Mendes.. one more. Your back. Can you turn around?"

He didn't answer.

"Fine. Just sit up.."

He opens his eyes slightly and pulls himself up again and I, well, like what I did before, assisted him upon getting himself to sit. I reach for his back and wipe the excess sweat from his skin.

"All done.." I said, then grabbed the tank top and carefully put it on him. "Come on, lay down.. careful.. careful.."

He moans once again and raised his feet on the couch. His socks are still on.

"We're gonna remove this too." I said and he groans while his mouth's closed, "Mr. Mendes, the best way to deal with fever is not making and treating yourself like a baby. Based on the article I read, you have to let the air in or at least get something cool in your body so it can push the heat out. Get it? So.." I pull off his socks, grabbed his drenched yesterday's shirt and the blanket, "I'll be back. I'm just gonna go get some meds.. and something to pat you with water."

I went out of the living room. Like a nurse, carrying her patient's dirty fabrics. But I shouldn't think negatively, I'm doing this because it's the right thing and.. it's humane way.

In the bathroom where the first aid kit cabinet are located and the medicines, I fetch some antibiotics and a small metal bowl in the kitchen and filled it with warm water. I head back to the living room, carrying the medicine and the bowl. It's not the right pair. So I head back to the kitchen to grab him a glass of lukewarm water, then back to mom and dad's room, grabbed a new clean towelette; then again, back to the living room. I don't know why but I'm making the convenience complicated.

"Mr. Mendes?" I call, "Here's your medicine."

He clings to his own body, trying to feel his own warmth.

"Mr..?" I repeat, "The meds.." I push out the tablet from the metallic container.

He opens his eyes and he looks at me. Lame and furrowed.

"Here.." I put the tablet closer to his lips and he slowly opens them, not fully wide that I unintentionally touched his lips with my fingers. I immediately grab the glass and helped him as he pulls and lifts his head up as he drinks the lukewarm water. He swallows and when know he's done, I carefully assist him on resting, "Okay. Careful, now.. careful.."

He smacks his lips as he squeezes his eyes. I then drop the towelette in the bowl of warm water and twist it until no water's leaking. Without any further discussion, I put my hand on his cheek and made him to face me. I won't deny, his skin feels smooth and soft like babies.

I run the wet towelette on his forehead, he moans aggressively, it must have triggered the cold feeling, adding probably more uncomfortable feeling for his part. I continue to caressingly run the towelette down to his cheeks and to the sides, to his nose, under his eyes, his chin then above his reddish lips.

I get his arms and lift it to wipe and clean. Slowly and surely. Looking at him, makes me know that he's indeed a good looking guy, just plain asshole. His arms are veiny and firm, palms are rough and hands are big. After I finished wiping him clean, I put the towelette on his forehead and left it there. I stood, grabbed the glass on the table along with the small metal bowl. I watch him for a few seconds more before turning around and planned to leave but he moans and talks.

"Stay.. S–Stay.. Please.. Stay with.. me.."

"You're dreaming Mr—"

"Just.. please.."

Though I know he's not talking to me or that he's aware that I'm the one he's speaking to, I couldn't just go after the way he said it. I press my lips in and with a small groan, I went and put the things on the table and sat on the edge of the couch. I watch him breathe, hear him moan and just realize, it's actually so sad for him. Why? He's too rich, he doesn't even know how to cook, the fun of doing it. He doesn't even know how to order in fast food restaurants or even at the school canteen. He's not so familiar with what average people can do because he's got bodyguards, agents and maids to do it for him. He was sent by his dad to know what if feels like to have a family, to know what it's like to be normal but still, his dad has a task for him. And that is to observe the place, the school and the people. He's still working, not hard or like his dad's own employee but like a follower.

I also notice how his facial features are much better than I do. He's got better eyelashes, nose, eyebrows, cheeks, jawline and lips. Dad's tank top on him makes it look like it's going to explode. It's fit. Looking at his face makes me go wandering to the lower part. Those chest, arms, shoulders, stomach and.. the V lines. Wait, no. Just.. no.

Brow scratch, face rub, I yawn and felt sleepy. I decided to get myself down on the rugged floor of the living room. With the table full of the things, I couldn't lay my head on it, so I laid it on the edge of couch instead, beside him. I put my arms together and used it as the pillow. I closed my eyes and eventually fell asleep.

"Welcome back.." a deep voice says in the dark.

"Wh–Why am I here again?!"

"This is where you're destined. You're going to make history."

"No. No! I wanna be with Luke."

"Luke, Luke, Luke. He doesn't love you the way I love you."

"He loves me and he's not afraid to show his face!"

"You'll see my face soon. Don't be too eager."

"Soon your face! I'm leaving!!" I said and walked but it seems that I'm not even getting away from the dark.

He laughs and laughs, "You're bound to be here with me."

"NO! NOOOOO!!"

"Why are you so scared of me.."

"Because I can't even see your face! And I can only hear your creepy voice!"

"Like what I've said before.. open your heart and let me in. You'll see me. See who I am. See what I am. And hear my real voice but be ready because that lips will be touched by mine."

Then a loud bang disturbed and woke me up.