C h a p t e r [144]

IT'S NOVEMBER 18TH! My freaking birthday! 20 years of existence. Too sad. Anyways, enjoy reading! Love you guys!!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I grab the sandwiches and put them in the small basket. I look up and down but there are no muffins in it but my hopes aren't fading. Why am I so eager to find muffins for him? I went to the cashier and asked if they have muffins by chance, he lifts his arm and gladly pointed his finger just straight and there, I saw the muffins. Placed in the same transparent boxed glass along with the doughnuts and doughnut holes.

"YES! I mean—thank you!" I said with a smile and proceeded towards it. "Hm.. let's see.. there's only three flavors.. chocolate.. banana and peanut butter.. and vanilla.. should I get two per flavor or..? Will Shawn like them?"

"Of course I will."

I look beside me, he was standing a few inches away while holding bags of chips.

"Wh—What? How long have you been standing there?!"

"Not long.. but honestly, I want the muffins back home."

"Back home?"

"Yeah. Back home."

"Where home?"

"Your home."

"Oh."

"But we don't have any other choice right now, do we?"

"Uh.. it's not for me, not for you either. They're for Tippy. Do you think she's gonna like these?"

"You're picking some up for Tippy?"

"Yeah. What? You thought I was picking some up for you?"

"Maybe..? Since when did Tippy became a HE?"

"I meant Sam! Yeah. For Sam."

"Again, for the nth time, you are not a good liar."

"It's for Sam." I still contradict his correct claims, I pick up a tray where muffins or doughnuts will be put and it's the cashier's turn to check it on the monitor and make it as purchased goods, "S—Sam told me he likes muffins too." I said as I use a tong to take several muffins out of the glass.

"You owe me four kisses."

"FOUR?!"

"Yes. Four."

What a cheater! It's four minus one because he kissed me on the forehead back at the car while I'm asleep. Pretending to be at least.

"I don't owe you anything!"

"Yeah you do. We still have that deal."

"How many times did you tell me and how many times do I have to tell you, that stupid deal is off!"

"No one calls the deal I implemented off but me." He walks away to the cashier.

"Jerk.." I mumble as bent my knees slightly, about to pick the basket of sandwiches on the ground but it was gone.

I look at him and he's already carrying it in one hand. He's switching sides like me but he's still the gentleman he learned to become. I follow him with the tray of muffins.

As we reach the cashier, he puts the basket on the counter then moves to the side, "Ladies first."

"Wait, where's Tippy? Have you seen her?"