C h a p t e r [53]

It was 8:00 in the morning when I wake up in his arms, still covered with the blanket. His arms are wrapped around me, tight and strong. There's not even a slight changes from our position, only is that, his chin's leaning on my forehead. I look up at him, sleeping like an angel. If only he wouldn't talk, everyone would think he's lovely and cute, not even having a single flaw; but whenever he opens his mouth, all goes harshness with sometimes a bit of sweetness at the same time.

He breathes in and out with a little moans. Today's my date with Luke and I don't want to be late; but as soon as I try to move away, he moans and his embrace gets tighter. I squeak and grunt as I slowly try to put his arm off of my neck but his grip's too strong, pulling me much closer to his chest. I sigh, I'm going to be stuck with him for a while. I closed my eyes and unexpectedly, falling asleep. This wasn't so bad at all. He smells like roses and vanilla, not even a scent of sweat is present.

I wake up, alone on the couch. I stretch my legs and hit something. I immediately sit up to find him sitting.

"Good Morning.." he whispers, his eyes are droopy.

"Hey.." I said, feeling a little tired after sleeping for many hours, "Have you been up all this time?"

He shakes his head, "No.. your phone's been ringing and it woke me up. I have to get up to turn it off because.. I didn't want it to wake you up. Thought it was an alarm.."

"Wh–What?" I know it's not anything but a call. I immediately grab my phone on the table.

"It was Luke.." he mumbles.

I stand up and went to the kitchen, immediately dialed Luke's number and called, "Hey Luke?"

"Hey May. You ready? I've been calling you since morning."

"Hey Luke. Sorry, I didn't hear my phone ringing. How many times did you call?"

"Just three times. The last call was declined."

"Declined?! Oh my god."

"Why though?"

"I'm so sorry Luke. I–I thought it was an alarm."

"It's okay. No worries. I'm just checking if you're ready."

"Uh.. yeah, uhm.. can you give me a minute? I'm gonna call you back."

"Sure. Don't rush. I'm cool."

"Okay Luke. Bye." I said sweetly.

"Bye. Oh, hey, by the way.."

"Hm?"

"Did you just woke up?"

"Um.. yes..?"

He chuckles, "Just wanna say.. you sound sexy with your morning voice."

"Oh.." I blushed.

He laughs, "Go on. Call me when you're done, yeah?"

"Of course. Bye Luke." I said, smiling as I turn the call off.

I went back to Shawn, I wasn't even opening my mouth yet when he suddenly speaks.

"Go. I'll be fine.."

For a moment, I froze. I felt embarrassed. I don't know what to say but I need to be sure.

"Are you sure you're gonna be—"

"I'll be okay. Go."