C h a p t e r [86]

"Sh—SHAWN?!"

He smiles, "Hey May.. it's been a long time.. you finally fell for me." He walks towards me with his shirtless body.

"I–I–I.." I utter, I cannot take back the words I've said, better yet to just confess my feelings and say it in his face, "Okay.. alright.. I can't take those words away and.. you.. you heard all of them and you know what I just said.. okay.." I gulp, "It's true.. I'm in love with you Shawn Mendes and I don't care if you won't love me back, but I just know and I just can't lie to myself anymore, I love you.. I am in love with you.."

He grabs my forearm, slowly, he slides his hand to my wrist and held it up, he escorts my hand to his chest and let me feel his warm skin. He bows his head and said, "Listen. Close your eyes and feel my heart.."

I can feel the light pumping on my palm, he puts his eyes to mine and said in a raspy sound, "You opened your heart for me May.. it's the reason why I finally allowed you to see who I am.."

Everything starts to sink in, I remember when I heard him before speaking in a deep voice, saying 'Open your heart and let me inside.' He wants me to open my heart for him and now that I did, he's here and have had completely shown himself.

"So that's what you're saying before.. 'Open your heart and let me inside?'"

"Yes.. and you did.."

He stares into my soul with his pretty eyes, slowly, I just found him leaning over, I closed my eyes and didn't even think of stopping or fighting it. Eventually, it happened, I felt his sweet lips to mine. Wet, warm and fluffy like a marshmallow hitting the surface of my lips. I can feel his breathing above my lips, it feels so real that I almost forgot everything is just a dream. I climb my other hand up to his chest, then around his neck and gently pressed my lips against his. It was a complete fantasy that anyone would want to experience. We slowly pull away, I open my eyes and they're already locked to his. He smiled, pulled me close for a hug. I wrap my arms around his bare body and he lays and rests his head above my head.

"Do you really think you like me in real life?" I ask.

"Isn't it ironic that I love you here in your dreams already? Of course I'm sure I love you in real life.." he says.

I smiled and nod with my lips pulled inside my mouth. He laughs quietly, "Are you still trying to taste it?" He asks.

"What?" I reply with a smile on my face, "Of course not."

"One more before you leave." He says and gave a quick peck on my lips. And that was it.

I woke up in my bed while hugging a pillow, it was tight and I slowly loosen the grip as soon as I realize I'm back to reality. Friday, 2 more days and the deal is done. The guy in the dark, AKA Shawn Mendes in my dreams is clearly different from the Shawn Mendes of my reality.

I went out of my room, to the stairs, not expecting the unusual, I'm hearing sizzles and oils popping. I immediately run to the kitchen, thought it was mom but it wasn't. From his back, he was holding a spatula but standing too far from the stove.

"SHAWN?!" I said in disbelief.

He turns around, "Oh, hey. You're awake." He says with a shy smile.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

His brows raised, "Cooking..?" He said sounding unsure.

I rushed to where he's standing and looked at the frying pan and he was frying.. eggs. So far, it looks good. The yolk's whole and the white's freshly cooked. Beside the open burner, a plate of first five eggs and their different types of how they're cooked. The first one has the egg yolk cracked, the second has the egg white's burnt, the third has dried yolk and white, the fourth one's burnt and the fifth's almost scrambled.

I turn my head to look at him, he was scratching his head with a smile while holding the spatula in his other hand.

"I was just.. trying to copy what you're doing." He laughs while saying it.

"How—How did you turn on the stove? How did you—"

"I'm watching you whenever you make me food. I watch you how you do this and that and those."

Mouth dropped open in a slight, he's observing me and he's learning by watching. I don't know what to say. He keeps on surprising me with new things I'm finding out.

"O..kay.. so you're watching me..?"

"Not in a bad way though, but yes. I am watching you."

"What do you mean 'Bad Way?'"

"Nothing. Mind if you take the first bite?" He says.

"Which one of these?" I ask with a laugh.

"No, not that." He laughs too, "This one." He says as he lifts the frying pan and put the eggs on a new plate, "Sit down."

Smile's pasted on our lips. I sit down, he serves me the plate with the eggs he cooked. It's almost perfect though, the edges are a little burnt.

"Here." He says and gave me a fork.

I chuckle, "Thanks Chef."

"No. Just no."

I beam, it's so sweet, it's so funny, it's so peaceful. Him, trying to do new things out of his comfort zone. I slice and took a bite, impressively, it tastes good, though some parts are a little salty.

He walks on the opposite side of the table and stood like he's one of the competitors of a cooking show, waiting for my comment.

I bop my head, "It's good.. the texture's great but the edges here.. they're burnt.. and some parts are a little salty.. but still.. it's at the peak of perfection. More practice."

"How'd you rate it?"

"8/10."

"YES!" He yells like he won at something.

I laugh, "I said, more practice, Shawn."

"I know, but at least I got an 8 for my first time cooking."

"Alright, alright happy boy. You sit down, I'll make breakfast."

"Here," he hands me the spatula, "I'm giving you, May Archer, the authority to make me a delicious food." He sits down, "What're we gonna do with all of the failed eggs?" He asks like a cute confuse toddler.

I shrug, "We'll figure it out." I said with a giggle.

In two days time, I'll start my confession in front of a perfect view in the last few moments of the trip before we go home.