C h a p t e r [84]

Luke and I left the classroom. He talks while I'm feeling lost and confused. I didn't respond to any of his questions nor anything he says. I look back because I'm still hoping to see him as we leave the school campus, but it seems that they went somewhere else.

"One day more and we're finally going on that trip." He says, "I'm pretty stoked, May." He snickers then zipped, "Hey, you cool?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm cool, everything's cool."

"You sure? Or you hungry? Wanna grab something to eat?"

I lied, but honestly, I'm dying for stacks of boxes of pizza. "No, Luke. I'm okay. I'm not hungry or famished or starving or anything.."

"Mmm.. okay, okay. I understand."

We got home, I thanked him for taking me home, then entered the house. I turn on the lights but didn't went in any of the rooms but mine. I close and locked the door, I rub my face harshly, trying to speak out that I don't have any rights to feel jealous or get mad at Yuna. Shawn is not my real boyfriend and I'm not his real girlfriend and everything will be closed after three days.

"Stop being such a fool, May! He's with Yuna! Yuna is with him!" I said, talking to myself, "But what if they're just friends? WHAT? Friends don't act like that May!" I sadly sigh, I look up to the ceiling and slapped myself, "Why is this so hard?! Can I just undo these feelings?! Wake up, WAKE UP! You, May Archer have no right to feel jealous! Understand?! UNDERSTAND?!" I press my lips together then changed my clothes, "You have no right to feel jealous. You have no right to feel jealous. YOU. HAVE. NO. RIGHT. TO. FEEL. JEALOUS." I repeat like a mantra.

I head out of my room, just in time when he finally arrived. I walk to the stairs and the door just then closed. He looks up to me at the stairs, his eyes glimmer and his face turned bright.

"May.." he forms on his lips.

"Oh.. you're home.." I said with a small smile.

"I'm just picking you up."

I proceed my way down and stand before him with a curious face, "Pick me up?"

"Yeah. Come on."

"Huh? Where?"

He suddenly grabs my wrist, "No more questions. Come with me."

"Sh—Shawn! Where are we—"

He grabs and unlocks the door, there, I see the car once again, with Mustaha waiting from the side of the car door.

"What? What's with the car? Where are we going?"

"I know you're hungry. So.. we're going to eat dinner, TOGETHER. And this time, please, don't pull out any money, it's my treat." He beams, prettier and brighter than the moon arose in the early night and that's when I learned that I can endure all the pain, just to see him smiling.

We head inside the car, he sits at the backseat, with me. It's a very good and pure feeling that I forgot the line I'm repeatedly saying earlier. Mustaha steers the wheel and took turns there and here, until we stopped. Shawn opens the door himself. Mustaha uttered with what he did and heads out quickly.

I pull halfway and open the car door, I thought I opened it but Shawn actually did. He was standing in front of me with a smile, like a real gentleman he is.

"Thanks Shawn." I said.

"No sweat." He replies.

"Young master, you should have let me open the doors for you." Mustaha says in a panicky voice.

"It's not that hard." Shawn simply says, "Come on, May. Let's get you that dinner." He tried making a humorous encouragement that made me laugh.

"You're gonna regret telling me it's your treat." I fire back.

"Bring it on." He says in a deep voice.

We head in and the place called Bellisima and it is a bliss. Lots of food displayed, lots of food attendants, lots of people dining, heading in and out, lots of lights, paintings and chandeliers. We look around, the place is huge enough to be a museum.

"Shawn.. this is amazing.." I said in awe.

"Mhm. Come, look at this painting." He says as he simply slides his hand to mine. I look down and when I rose my head, he was looking at me. Thinking that I might pull my hand away, but I didn't. The corners of my mouth curved upwards, he wets and bites his lips then gave me his cutest smile. Showing off his perfect white teeth and his rosy red lips.

I turn my head to the painting and see two guys and a girl. The other guy is playing an instrument and the other guys is making out with a girl.

Out a long breath, "That guy doesn't care." He says with a short laugh.

"I guess he does but he chose not to."

He looks at me, "Maybe because he knows he has music.."

"Maybe.." I look at him, "And I think that guy is you.. that painting tells what happened to you in the past."

"Yeah.. you spot that really well."

"I actually didn't. I just.. looked at the other guy and saw his guitar and it instantly reminded me of you."

"Really? Guitars makes you remind me?"

"Mhm. Hey, don't get flattered too quick." I said, then seek the necklace I gave him. He's still wearing it but hidden inside his shirt. I pretend that I don't know he's wearing it, "I don't see you wearing the necklace.." I mumble.

"I'm wearing it." He uses his other hand to pull out the necklace from the inside of his shirt, "See? I've never removed this ever since you put it on me.. I just thought I have to hide it. I have to be cautious.. I don't wanna lose this." He then puts it back inside his shirt.

I just know that I love him and that's just it. He's different. He's amazing and unique. My stomach decided to ruin the moment, grumbling and roaring without even a script. Shawn and I stopped and laughed. Then we went to take a seat. The waiter gave us menus and there, the deceiving pictures of delicious food were mostly ordered. Not me, but him. He says that it's for me, but I know he wants them too. The dishes came out pretty much the same from the menu pictures, it's satisfying and worth paying.

While we both dig in, he continuously smile, "What?" I ask while swirling some pasta with the fork.

"You got sauce on your cheek." He says.

"Which side?" I ask.

He leans over though there's a table in between, he extend his hand with a napkin and wipe the sauce off of my cheeks, "This side."