C h a p t e r [18]

I really don't know what to do. Tippy's asking me to watch a movie with her but that's also the day when I'll be touring my dad's boss's son.

"Wait, I'll go check my schedule." I replied as I head out of the bathroom.

I went to the kitchen and expecting to see him eating the meal I made but he's not there. He left a half of the omelette on a plate with a fork. Thinking it was his, I got a little upset. He wanted me to make him breakfast and yet he just left it on the countertop, uncovered. I hold the plate on the edge with my index and thumb. Walked around the house to look for him and saw him in the living room, sitting on the carpeted ground, watching TV with his own plate and the half of the omelette on top of the glass table.

Standing, quite surprised. Why would he give me the other half? Questions form in my head when my phone buzzed again.

"Okay. By the way, what are you and the transferee's plans on Monday?"

"Monday? What plans? About what?" I reply.

"Hey.." he suddenly speaks in a low soft voice.

I raise my head, eyes darts to his as quick, I look at him curiously.

"Come here." He says.

And I, like a kid, obeying to his tender voice, I walk and sit on the couch with my focus on the phone.

My phone vibrates, "I thought you knew. You're going to help the organizers organize the event."

I wrinkle my brow, how come I didn't know. How come no teacher informed us about it.

"What? Me and the whole leaders of the peer building?"

The TV blabbers while a sharp tone hits the plate, I look at him and he was slicing the omelette before putting it in his mouth. He chews while watching the news.

"Why'd you cut the omelette in half?" I ask in a little aggressive tone.

He turns his head to me, "That a problem?"

"No. I'm just asking."

"I just notice that you didn't make one for yourself and you haven't eaten since the pancakes last night. So.."

One brow raised, lips pushed out like a pout, though it feels like I'm choking to say it, I still did, "Thank you."

He nods and puts his attention back into the television. And again, my phone vibrates.

"No. Just you and the transferee."

My heart bangs like a beating drum, I press every letter in the keyboard on my phone as fast as I can, "Me and him?! Where'd you get the information Tips?!"

"I just heard it from Professor Lerner and I thought he already told you guys about it."

"No! He didn't say a thing! How dare him!"

"Chill. You still got today and tomorrow's day to plan."

"How are we gonna decorate the event?! Holy god, I am so confused!"

All of a sudden, his low comforting voice talks, "You look horrible with those brows, what's going on?"

I put my phone down on my lap and talked to him, "Nothing. It's just.. we're gonna be decorating the event."