C h a p t e r [15]

Without any argumentations, I sit down in front of him and we ate breakfast together but cleaning and washing the plates, well, it's on me as always.

Oddly, I thought he's gonna go first but he waited for me, again. We walked to school straight into the classroom. I decided not to wait and stalk Luke at the lockers since Shawn will get more ideas about my adoration to my future husband.

Sitting, he asks from my back, "Why didn't you stay at the lockers?"

"Why would I?" I ask back, just to stop him with his correct and accurate doubts.

"Nothing. Just thought—" he was cut off suddenly when Luke gets in the room, "Oh. Never mind. He's already here."

I look back at him with a sharp stare, he shrugs with a smirk.

Luke sits down beside me, "Hey May.." he says.

"H–Hi." I replied.

Talia came in too, with her handbag and her new black and white checkered shirt. I wonder what I would look like if I wear that on me, probably a chess board.

Professor Lerner arrives and the whole day just went by in a haze. The bell rang, everybody heads out while Shawn follows me like a little duckling afraid to lose sight of its mother.

At the lockers, I put the pens inside and change the arrangements of my things.

"Hey, how come we don't talk about the peer building event?"

"I'd rather plan it on my own than explain it to you."

"I'm your co-leader."

"So? I tried to talk to you about it but you just go here and there, and act like.. I don't know anymore!"

He chuckles, "Okay, okay, my bad. Tell me, I promise I will listen this time."

"Nah. I don't think I should anymore."

He shrugs with his lips pressed, "Mmkay. Suit yourself. Besides, they're gonna put the blame on you just in case we lose."

"What makes you think we're gonna lose?"

"Nothing. I just.. y'know? Hey, you're the one who was thinking we're gonna lose before!"

"Yeah, I did. I admit. But that was before."

"Wow. Strong independent woman."

I raise a brow with a smirk, "I know."

He smirks back, "Well.." he breathes in heavily with a hiss, "What're we gonna have for dinner tonight?" He asks as he breathes out.

I slammed close my locker, "Good attitude, right personality and manners." I said and walked.

"Sounds tasty." He fires back.

I roll my eyes and proceeded. We got home early, just like before, the whole house's dim. I turn the lights on, he heads upstairs to change. Straight into the kitchen, I pull out a frozen meat to be defrosted by the time I'm finished changing my clothes to comfort.

I head upstairs to my room. Today's an exhausting day but thank goodness tomorrow's a day to rest. But wait, that means that I'm gonna be stuck here the whole day with him. I have to call Tippy and tell her we could have our girl bonding tomorrow and the next day.

I ring her phone but she's not picking up. I left a message but there's no reply either. I change my clothes and ran downstairs. Hearing the TV open, I see him sitting on the couch wearing a white tank top and pants, feet up and obviously having a good time with the señor service coming from me.