C h a p t e r [20]

"Then what do you mean serve for myself?" He asks.

"This is a serve yourself restaurant."

"Like a buffet?"

"No. This is very different from buffets. You go in front, over there.." I said pointing my finger on the station and a small window, a woman stands alertly and welcoming, "Then you go and choose on the menu pictures on the little tablet. You press that button and they're going to give you the orders you pressed and you're gonna grill it over there.." I said pointing to the long grilling station.

"What the! You did this on purpose didn't you?!"

I smirked as I stood, "Well, do you want to eat steak or not?"

His chair grinds the floor as he stands up and followed me all the way to the ordering section.

Hands in his pockets, standing beside me, speculating the whole place as his head turns left and right, up and down.

"Hi Ma'am, Good Morning." The lady says.

I squint my eyes to check the little name tag on her uniform, "Ah yes Miss Yasi, Good Morning to you too." I said smiling.

She smiled back and watched me and him do our thing. Shawn stands beside me, waiting for what I will press.

"I'll have.. uh.. chicken breasts and chicken legs.." I said and tapped the tablet screen.

It bleeped, the orders I chose were sent to the lady from the other side of the room.

I look at him and asked, "What's your order?"

His eyes turn lame, the other looks lazier than the other one. He gets close to me, our shoulders touch, he leans over the machine to check.

"That." He points his finger, probably waiting for me to do it for him.

"Go. Press it." I said.

"Can I?" He asks like a child asking for permission from his mother.

I chuckle, "Yes!"

And it bleeped.

"Look over there." I said and pointed my finger to the lady, she grabbed a piece of paper out of a machine, "You see those papers she's holding?"

He slowly nods.

"That was your order." I said.

"Really?"

"Yep."

"That's.. cool." He pressed the button again and immediately look at the lady, as she grabs the papers, he laughs. Steak, Burgers, Fries, Ribs, Tenderloin, Ham and more. He made fun of the buttons and ordered so much.

"Hey, you're ordering too much!" I said.

"Don't worry. You're gonna be eating all of it anyway."

"Don't get me wrong, I love food but I guarantee you, I cannot finish all of those without help."

"I'm kidding."

"Oh. Didn't know you're a lame kidder." I said in a plain tone.

"Meanie." He mutters.