C h a p t e r [55]

Everybody looks blushed and agreeing to what I said. I sit down on my chair. Both Shawn and the waiter looks at me, surprised.

"What?" I ask.

"Your orders will be ready in 20 minutes." The waiter says and leaves afterwards.

Shawn chuckles with his stuffy nose, "Well.." he says with a hoarse voice, "Thought you were going to say 'Jerk' or 'Asshole.'"

I raised a brow at him, "I was about to say asshole but we're inside the restaurant and it would be inappropriate and would make me uneducated. So, I just chose the opposite to what you really are."

"Opposite? Really?"

"Yep."

He smiles, "Screaming made my voice sounds so tired."

"That's because you're still sick and yet, you screamed like you're Jack from Titanic."

"That's a promo. We either do it or you lose a box."

"Or you could just ordered another box."

"May, for a girl who grew up with a normal life, you really don't know that you should be practical."

"Hey, what I'm just saying is that, you shouldn't have done that."

"Done what?"

"That. Screaming your lungs out."

"Well, I want to add another box of pizza. So.. and hey! You did it too!"

"I only did it because you said, 'Beat that, meanie.'"

"And..?"

"Well, I don't know! I feel so humiliated and UGH! Embarrassed! That was a little, I don't know, cringe-y?!"

"What? Calling me cute's a cringe?"

"No, that's not it. It was when I stood up and screamed because I know I can beat you!"

He laughs while shaking his head, "Then I guess you won."

I stopped yapping and silenced. I stare at him across the table.

"You won." He repeats.

A smile starts to find its way on my lips.

"You gonna smile..?" He teases with a beam, "You gonna smile for me, May?"

And uncontrollably, a smile bursts out into my lips.

"There they are." He says, "You should smile often."

"I smile, only if you're not being a moody jerk."

"Being moody and jerk is really what you hate about me, eh?"

I roll my eyes at him, "Tell me about it. You have it all except for two things.. your personality and your attitude."

He shrugs, "You can't rush the process, May. Not everyone can change in a snap of fingers."

"I don't think so. If you're really dedicated, you can start by showing it little by little."

He puckers his lips, "Right. Maybe that's why I started washing the dishes and not waiting for you to do them."

He's.. got a point. For a moment, I forgot my argument mechanism. He raised a brow at me and all I can do is scoff.

"By the way, where'd you and your crush go?" He adds.

"Why?" I ask.

"Nothing." He says with a shrug, "I just thought, you know? He took you somewhere like the dumpster."