C h a p t e r [16]

"Can you make me some pancakes?" He says like a little kid afraid of me saying no.

"Mr. Mendes, it's 12 midnight."

"B-But I'm starving."

"Seriously? Pancakes at midnight?"

"I don't know, I'm just really craving for pancakes right now."

"You pregnant?"

"What?"

"Mr. Mendes, it's 12."

"Oh come on. I really can't sleep, I want pancakes."

"Why don't you do it yourself then?"

"If I can, I would have done it by now."

"You could. I'll tell you the ingredients and you do it yourself, 'kay?"

"Are you crazy? You want me to burn this house down?"

"Making pancakes aren't that hard!"

"For you, yeah. For me? You have no idea."

I groan and turn to him, "You're so weird."

"Coming from a weirdo."

I glare at him, "Can't your cravings just wait until morning? You only have 6 hours left before the sun rises."

"Seriously? I can't wait that long. I really want them."

I groaned along with a yawn. He sits comfortably and just watch me pull out the utensils, bowls, whisk, pan and ingredients. I do what should be done, mixing flour with eggs and milk. Tippy did not reply to my texts and calls at all, I guess I'm just gonna have to deal with him the whole day.

After making at least 7 stacks of pancakes, I put 2 pieces on his plate and served it to him. Grabbed the syrup out of the fridge and slide it to his place. I sit down for I guess until I lost my sleepiness for everything I did to please him and his grumbling stomach cravings.

"Why aren't you eating?" He asks.

"I'm not really CRAVING for pancakes."

He smiles as he chuckles, "Thanks." He says for the first time. FOR THE FIRST FRICKIN' TIME!

I didn't say a thing but his word of gratitude surely put a smile on my face.

He looks at me while chewing, "You should smile more often." He says with his mouth full.

"The irony. You telling me to smile when you can't even move your lips upwards."

"Hey, I smile.. sometimes."

"Yeah you do, and they're mostly smirks."

"What's wrong with that?"

"It's in a negative way, you're gonna get into a fight if you continue using those type of smirks."

"Well—"

"Well okay, shut it and just eat. You shouldn't be even talking while your mouth is full."

"My bad, I just feel a little excited with all of these pancakes."

And to be honest, I feel overwhelmed after he said that. He looks so happy with the pancakes I made for him in the middle of the night. I stood and grabbed a glass of water. He's cute, only if he's not being an aggressively arrogant jerk. Wait—what?

"Miss Archer?" He mutters suddenly.

I turn around and faced him, "What?"

"Can we talk? Just thought it would be a good idea to use as a distraction. I really can't sleep."