C h a p t e r [190]

When I open my eyes, it was dark. A thick cloth's tightly wrapped around my eyes. Back's burning up for sitting for too long, both hands and feet tied. I tremble in fear, I don't know where I am, don't know what they'll do to me but I know Diervas is behind this.

"Help!" I yelled.

"No one will hear you."

"Diervas.. where am I?!"

"In my motel room."

"Why did you do this!? Let me go!"

"Look, I am not as violent as you. Punching me in the face."

"Free me and I would beat you to death!"

"You know.. we're not alone in this room. My boyfriend is listening."

"I don't care. I'd beat you both!"

"So fierce. Take her blindfold off. I wanna look her in the eyes." And when the blindfold's down, her eyes are swollen and black as if she didn't sleep for a week. "No more miss goody two shoes are we, May Archer?"

"I didn't do anything to you for you to do this to me."

"I just need answers."

Her boyfriend stood beside her and looking at him, the prick who forced a handkerchief on my face to make me unconscious looks like a deformed version of Shawn Mendes, a lot of plastic surgery. Lips puckered, nose too pointed and one eye looking lazier than the other that it looks like it's melting.

"You! How can you ride on her plan!?"

"Because she loves me. I know what you're thinking, 'Why does this son of a bitch looks like my boyfriend Shawn Peter Raul Mendes,' 'Eww, Shawn Mendes look a like from hell.' You see.. just like her, I've idolized Shawn so much that I went through over 30 surgeries to correct my face so I can look like him." He spoke in a pitchy voice, sounding poorly like Shawn.

"Love is love, and if she loves you, then good but you don't have to agree on her every request."

"It's a token of my appreciation to her. Besides, it's not like we're going to kidnap you for real."

"Yah. Thank you baby. We're not bad as you're probably thinking right now."

"The hell?! Not bad?! What do you think you guys did just do?"

"I can't ask you because Shawn doesn't want me around, even see me or hear me."

"Wanna know why Diervas..?"

"Sure, why?"

"Because you're being pathetic! You're invading his privacy!"

"That's funny but I don't care!"

"I should go get the other girl."

"Okay darling, be careful okay? Don't be too harsh on miss Yuna."

"Wait, what?! Don't involve her in this!"

"Don't worry, we're not going to hurt you, we'll make you go face to face like in an interview and you're going to ask all of my questions."

"OR you could have just asked us without doing something stupid like this!"

"I told you, Shawn's always with you and HE DOESN'T WANT ME AROUND!" Her eye smoked in anger, tossing them widely as if she's stabbed me a thousand times, "I don't physically hurt anyone but don't make me May."

"I don't give a fuck. I don't hurt physically anyone either, I only do when people like you make me."

"Watch your words, you're being unethical."

"You're a hypocrite."

"Whatever you say. Here.." She walks to me and whispered, "..better get some sleep." She puts the same handkerchief earlier with the putrid smell.

I tried to yank and sway but I again, became unconscious. When I woke up, I expected to see Yuna in the room but all I saw when I open my eyes is a chair.

"Awake I see." She reveals herself on the sewn and rusty bed, this motel is pretty unsanitary, "It's 7 PM, you should be hungry.." Then, she gets off the bed and with a plate of roasted beef and burger, "Here, eat."

"I'm not hungry."

"Yes you are."

"I am not."

"YES. YOU. ARE." She was about to force the food on my face when a loud bang on the door.

"Open up! It's me!" There's a panic in his voice.

Diervas hurried to the door and her boyfriend went inside like a thunder, all drenched in sweat and breathing heavily, it was terrifying to see and just hoped he didn't hurt anyone or anyone I know.

"What happened?!"

"We have to go!"

"What?! Go where?! What happened?! What did you do?!"

"She got away.."

"HA?! How!?"

"She was standing beside her car, she's on her phone. I went around and —and, it's almost there! I almost had her! She's quick to turn around and back away, she screamed and people came.. let's go, they're coming for us!"

Even though Yuna is a real pain the whole body and soul, when I heard that she got away, I couldn't help but to feel relieved. I'm glad she got out.

Out of panic and fear, they both tidy up their things and packed everything they've scattered around for a day. These two are just pure amateurs, and he is a victim of her manipulation. After running here and there, all they have to do is get in the car and leave.

"We have to take her!"

"We'd take long!"

"She's just a girl! You can just I don't know, carry her!"

"She's gonna fight it off, are you joking?"

"Just do it!!"

He lifts me up and he's not wrong about me. I wriggled and squirmed, even gave him a headbutt so hard that it somehow triggered the side of his psychopathy.

"Where's the handkerchief?! I TOLD YOU SHE'S GONNA FIGHT!"

Diervas fetched the handkerchief for him and once more, I drift away but I can still hear, only it echoes in my head. Still feel but lightly, lifted in the air.

The loud kick of the door, both scared for their lives for the crime they've unwittingly committed and all of a sudden, they stopped. Everything did. Screaming and different lights flashes within my closed eyes.

"DON'T MOVE!"

"MAY! MAY!! YOU MONSTERS! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HER!?"

Shawn? I hear his voice.

"She—She's just unconscious but we didn't hurt her!"

"MOVE AN INCH AND I'LL SHOOT!"

"PLEASE DON'T!" Dierves shouted back.

"YOU, GET ON THE GROUND!"

It's starting to get to me and everything is just deafening. Before I could completely go..

"Fuck. I'm here, I'm here Love. I'm so sorry—is she gonna be okay? Alright. Alright. Okay. Please. Okay. May, I'm sorry, you're gonna be okay."