C h a p t e r [6]

I glare at him and he just calmly stands up, thanked for the meal and went upstairs.

"Mom!"

"What's wrong honey?"

"What's wrong? What is wrong is that you told him that I'd tour him around!"

"Aren't you?"

"NO WAY!"

"May, I told you. Do everything to please him."

"What if he told me to jump off a cliff? I should do it too huh, 'cause well, to please him."

"Not in that way. It's just to show him that he's welcome. That there are still people who wants him around."

"Certainly not me."

"Why are you being like this? He's being kind to you and you're—"

"Kind?! Oh mom, his definition of kind is totally different to what you have in your vocabulary."

"Why? What did he do to you?"

"Well, he's just one heck of a jerk. He hit me with his bag earlier and did not even apologize!"

"Did he do it on purpose?"

"No. Not really."

"Well.."

"But at least he should've apologized!"

"Did you tell him about it?"

"I did. I even yelled at him to hear me."

"Why would you yell at him?"

"Because—UGH! Why're you taking his side?!"

"I'm not going to argue with you anymore May, I already told you the reason why we need to keep this man pleased a multiple times already."

"This is so unfair!"

"For you, maybe. For me, prioritizing about what could happen to your dad, I'm okay with it."

I face palmed, "Great. Well, thank you for the meal. I'm gonna head upstairs. Goodnight."

I went upstairs. I was about to open the door to my room when he called my name.

"Hey May.."

I just simply look at him, questioning his call.

"Can you discuss the upcoming event to me now?"

I look on the floor, "Maybe tomorrow.."

"Tomorrow? I thought you're—"

"Goodnight Mr. Mendes." I said as I head in and carefully closed the door on his face.

I didn't went to bed but stayed on the door. Listened to what he has to say.

"Mr. Mendes." He said with a low and sexy laugh before hearing his door click close.

I walk to my bed, yawning. Did he just laugh at the 'Mr. Mendes' thing? How come he didn't force me to tell him about the event? Maybe because I said it in a calm tone.

Wait. That's it! What you do unto him will be done unto you. So, he's living with that quote?
I think I got it figured out. Earlier, I yelled at him and he became a jerk. By the time Professor asked if the transferee's already there, I told him calmly that he is, then he's good all throughout the me and him introducing thing. At Professor Lerner's office, he was calm and I was too until I bursted at him at the rooftop and all of a sudden, he's back to being an asshole.