C h a p t e r [33]

He has a side smile on his lips while his arms are crossed wrapped around his chest. Already spreading the smell of that undeniable evilness in the air.

"What kind of project is this?" He asks.

"A miniature house."

"A miniature house?! What do you need a miniature house for?!" I ask.

Professor Lerner scoffs, "Not me Miss Archer. That miniature house will be displayed at the art and science exhibit next month. Advance project actually for you geniuses."

"You guys don't love programs much here, huh?" He asks sarcastically.

"Mr. Mendes, this is a private school. Events and Programs are held every month."

"Meh. Very unlikely to the school where I studied."

Professor Lerner looks at me, "Yeah, we know. Very different from where you came from."

"M-hm." He says with a little nod.

I gulp as they both paused for a short second.

"So, back to the topic, your project, this miniature house is not just an ordinary miniature house. You will make the house lit. Install some small bulbs for it to light up, to make it look a real house."

"We can't do that." I said with my brows creasing.

"You can."

"No, we're not electricians nor scientists or whatever."

"You guys aren't but you guys knows things better than the rest of the students here. That's why you two are the top students in class, remember?"

"Just because we're on the top doesn't mean we're better than anyone. There's still the best students out there. It's not only us."

His voice flattened, "Fine. Continue with that reasoning Miss Archer and I'll just decide to put zero points on your grades because you didn't take any examinations nor this project."

"We're gonna do it." Shawn shoots quick, "When's the deadline?"

"First week, next month."

"We're gonna need a lot of time to do it if you want that miniature house to have lights. We won't be able to make it on time now that we're also the leader and co-leader of this peer building event this week. So if you're going to ask for it the first week this coming month, it's going to be just a normal miniature house. No lightings."

"Fine, I'll add some extensions. Pass it the following week, monday."

He nods, "Okay. Is there anything more you want to tell us?"

"That's all. Are you guys done with the dec—"

"We're about to. If that's all, excuse me and my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" Professor Lerner repeats in utmost confusion.

Shawn did not reply anymore, so do I. We both left the room and head out.

"What was that about?!" I ask him aggressively.

"What was what?" He asks back with his brows wrinkling.

"Why'd you say that in front of the professor?!"

He stops walking, "Something wrong with that?"