C h a p t e r [3]

"Moving in?! What are you saying?"

She sighs again, "This is what I was worrying about this morning. Your dad's boss wants his child to move in with us."

"Child? Move in? Why? Why would he want his 'child' to move in with us?"

"I don't know the whole reason but your dad just wants us to trust him on this. It's for the sake of keeping his job."

"Fine. When's this 'child' going to arrive?"

"Some days between tomorrow or Wednesday."

"Is it a boy or a girl?"

"Your dad did not specify the gender of his boss's child, he just wants us to show it what it is like to have a mother and a sister."

"Just great," I sigh as I enclose the milk lid and drink.

"Anyways May, darling. Go home early tomorrow. We should at least welcome the guest with the two of us present."

"Why should I—"

"It's because the guest should feel warm and welcome."

"Okay okay, fine, alright."

"Great."

"I'm heading up. Goodnight mom."

I kissed her goodnight and went upstairs to my room. Too early to sleep but I lay down and forced myself to dive in to dream. I want the same dream I've had last night. I want to be with Luke, but the harder I try, the harder I fail.

Couldn't get the peer building event off my mind, so are the people I'm going to be leading. What if we lost? The blame's on me. It's so hard to think and look on the bright side knowing that Talia's going to be with me, watching and judging every move I'm going to make. I have to be doubly careful or else, it's going to be another issue.

I pull myself up and sat. I have two mysteries to look out for. The new student who will be my co-leader and the "Child" of my dad's boss who will be moving in with us sooner. I just hope it will all go well.

The next day, I woke up pretty early to stay downstairs. Notice how the living room is so tidy, I couldn't see any marks of dusts around.

The curtains were all changed, the couch's vacuumed and the smell of the house is heavenly. This person must be so special to have the whole house cleaned up by mom.

I went to school and decided to wait at the hallway to stalk you know who. I didn't dreamed of him last night and I was so disappointed. Tippy walks towards me and I can already tell she's not happy for me waiting to see Luke around.

"Well, I guess you're here to look at your locker huh?" She says sarcastically.

"Yep."

She rolls her eyes, "Another day, another taking chances."

"I like the guy, okay?"

"But does he like you?"

"Can you not rub it on my face please?"