C h a p t e r [98]

The jealousy is running high in the air. Yuna looks so unhappy but this night is for me and him and I can feel it. Shawn sits, round up a look at each and everyone's faces. He stops at me and smiled.

"This song I'm going to sing is not a cover but an original.. I made it myself for my special someone.." he then chuckles so sexy, "It's funny because that person made me sing in an event and she annoys me every single day and made me realize things.. and those things? Well.. it's how I'm slowly living this silly life again bit by bit. I dedicate this song to her.." he looks at me and everybody knows. "And also, I'm sorry I have no accompaniment of any instruments and for the mistakes I'm going to commit, this is impromptu.. but this.. is all coming sincerely from my heart. Hey, uh, Tippy? Can you give me an entrance.." he says with a chuckle.

"Of course, man. Anything for my best friend's boyfriend." She says like she trying to make Yuna and Luke more jealous. "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.. LET US ALL WELCOME FROM THE FAMOUS LAND OF CANADA.. SHAWN MENDES!!" Tippy says as they clap their hands.

"Alright." He clears his throat in one sharp blow, then sniffs, "Maybe I had too many drinks.. but that's just what I needed.. I hope that you don't think that what I'm saying sounds conceited." He puts his tongue out quick to wet his lips, making them shine and glossy like a polished crystal. He paused for a while, looks at the fire for a few second and everyone thought he was done, but he wasn't.

He looks at me, "When I look across the room, and you're staring right back at me.. like somebody told a joke and we're the only ones laughin'. Don't know why I tried 'cause ain't nobody like you.. familiar disappointment every single time I do.. every single night my arms are not around you. My mind's still wrapped around you." He bites his lips that's warmer than the burning woods in the middle of our cold bodies. "Baby, tell me when you're ready.. I'm waitin'.. Baby, any time you're ready.. I'm waitin'.." he then stops, "Done.."

"What?! That was it?!" Lori says, "Darn, I want more!"

"Girl, me too. Do you guys want more?" Tippy asks.

"ABSOLUTELY!" Miranda says.

"Is that even a question?" Tori adds.

"Are you kidding me? Of course we do! We don't even know what will happen in the future. He might hold his own concert and we have to pay to get to hear it personally, SO, OF COURSE, YES!!" Karen says.

"Well Shawn, vast majority wants you to sing another song for us." Lori says.

"Hey! Wait up! Of course we need the vote from the queen. Like KWEEN! The girlfriend still needs to approve for the boyfriend to go vroom vroom with the singing." Tippy is really trying to piss Yuna and Luke off. And I can see it. "So, May.. what is your answer?"

Yuna's eyes are flaming in anger with those devilish glares while Shawn takes me into a new world where it's only the two of us existing with his eyes focused on me.

"Y—Yes. Of course.." I utter.

"ALRIGHTY THEN! SHAWN MENDES, PLEASE LET US SUFFOCATE. I'M KIDDING. TAKE US AWAY!!"

"That was pretty funny." He laughs, "A'ight.. Wait.. I need to form some words.." he cracks his knuckles and spoke, "Okay, here we go.. I wanna follow where she goes.. I think about her and she knows it.. I wanna let her take control.. cause everytime that she gets close, yeah.."

Shawn then looks at me again, sending me shivers and twitching on my feet.

"She pulls me in, enough to keep me guessing.."

Tippy looks at me with her eyes wide open with a smirk on her face. I creased my brows and praying that it's not what I think she's thinking.

"And maybe I should stop.. and.. and.. start confessing.. confessing, yeah.. Oh, I've been shaking, I love it when you go crazy, you take all my inhibitions.. Baby, there's nothing holding me back.. you take me places that tear up my reputation, manipulate my decisions
Baby, there's nothing holding me back.. there's nothing holding me back.. baby, there's nothing holding me back." He touches his throat, like he was surprised he's able to scream those words.

"SHAWN MENDES!!!" They yell like they're really in a concert while clapping their hands tremendously.

Yuna looks at him and lays her head on his shoulder, but Shawn seems not to care with his eyes glancing at me. He smiles and seems to eager to talk but with Luke and Yuna beside us, it's too complicated.

It was quiet for a second, then Tippy and Lori stood to tell us about a scary story, then it goes one by one. Making us all speak and tell our scary experiences. Then the night goes on for a frightening late conversations. All of us are bothered after those story tellings. The fire's out and we're all in our tents.

Lucky enough, I'm sleeping with Tippy and Lori, Yuna slept with Miranda and Tori, but I wonder where Talia get to sleep. She's probably with the other girls. I closed my eyes but I'm still too terrified to sleep. I turn sideways, lie on my stomach, back and every sleeping position, but I'm really too bothered.

"Tips..?" I said.

She didn't respond. I poke her, shake her, "Tippsssss!!"

"Mmmmmmmmm.." she moans.

"I can't sleep.." I whisper.

"Just close your eyes and imagine counting sheep.."

"Okay. I'll try."

I closed my eyes and tried to imagine sheep jumping on a fence but their faces are getting distorted and changing into monsters and ghosts like what they told the group.

"Tipppppsssss!!!" I aggressively whispered, "I really can't sleep!"

"Maaaay.. shut.. up.."

"Tippppssss.. what should I do?"

All of a sudden, I hear female moaning. It's too odd because it's not coming from Tips or Lori, but outside our tent. At first, I felt scared, until I listen to it more closely and it's not a scary or ghostly moan but a moan.. in a sexual way..