C h a p t e r [58]

After eating, Shawn didn't walk to the living room or upstairs like he always does before. This time, he joins me, sharing the sink with him.

"Shawn, leave that to May." Mom said. Of course, she won't allow him to do house chores, he's like a king to where he lives. Having maids to do it for him.

"Yeah. I'll do these." I said.

"It's okay Mrs. Archer. May already taught me how to wash plates." He said with a laugh, "It's not that hard."

Taught him? I didn't taught him. He learned it himself.

"You sure?" I ask.

"May, washing plates isn't risking my life."

"Okay, but is that okay?" I ask.

"What okay?"

"That." I point to his burnt finger.

"Yeah. I washed the bowl and pot of empty porridge before, remember?"

I sigh, "Alright. I'll wash them with the soap and you rinse them, okay?"

"Okay. Whatever you say so."

Mom's sitting and eating by herself, watching us from our backs. I wash the dishes and he rinses them. I then decided to make a foam of bubbles. He smiles so wide, full of amazement where you only see them from the smiles of children. He snatches the foam out of my hands.

"HEY!" I exclaimed.

He laughs, his eyes are pressed really hard from laughing, "How did you make these?"

I laughed back, "I'll tell you, in exchange of what?"

"I don't know. Tell your mom we're a fake couple?"

"WHAT?! NO!"

"Ha! I'll tell her if you don't teach me how to make these."

I pucker my lips, "I hate you."

"I'm just kidding."

"Jerk." I mumble, "Okay, first you put soap in your hands, rub and rub then wet it with small amount of water, then rub it again." I said as I show him how.

The foam starts to pile up in my hands, he just looks at it.

"Here." I said, "Give me your hands."

He reaches his hands to me and I pass on the bubble foam to his palms.

"How come you don't know how to make these?" I ask.

"I.. I don't know.. maybe because I don't have the time to enjoy things like this.." he says with sadness in his voice.

"Oh no.. don't worry, I'll teach you the things you wanted to learn."

He looks at me, straight into my eyes, "You'd do that?"

My heart starts to race, eyes locked to his, that I almost forgot my mom's just behind us.

"O–Of course. Sure. Yeah." I said as I looked back down on the plates.

He smiles as he rinses the foam of bubbles out of his hands, and continues to rinse the dishes I finished to wash. After a couple of minutes, Shawn thanked mom and head upstairs. Leaving us both downstairs.