C h a p t e r [137]

I didn't answer but our body temperature says it all. The quietness, the way he whispered and the way he's holding me in his arms. I wanna be wrapped in them all night but surely, that makes him my weakness. I gently remove his arms around me and hold them as I turn around and face him.

His eyes sparkle from the staircase light, he swallows and his Adam's apple made a little jump. I made a smile, insincere on my part, I slid my hand to his cheeks and I don't even know if I can still do it. Damn alright, I'll give it to him, his face's so smooth, the skin of my fingers didn't even feel any edge or flaws on his face.

He looks at my lips as he smiles back. He eventually closed his eyes, thought I was about to give in and give him a goodnight kiss.

I laugh softly and to his curiosity of that stupid laughter I did, he opens his eyes.

I caress his cheek, my knees were beginning to get weak but still, I managed, "Oh Mister Mendes.." I lowly said.

"Wait, I said don't call me—"

"Too late. I already did." I pinched his cheek and the slightest pain showed on his face as he twitched in pain. I push his cheek away from me, goes along his steps. Mnto hit him with the door and slammed it close.

I didn't immediately move away and carefully just laid my ear at the door and listen if he'll go and walk away but he stayed for a little more.

He sighs, "Oh May.. damn.. I miss you so much.." he mumbles from the other side, to my shock, I suddenly hear him chuckling, "Well at least I got to kiss your lips again. Missed that too, Love."

My heart skips so many beats, too different to the way it originally should be, beating the same way as I breathe and it hurts on my chest so bad. Too much nervousness I guess? And blushing..?

I changed to a much comfortable outfit and went to bed but I couldn't stop thinking about him. That kiss is still making my mind fly somewhere far from reality, that time when we were together inside that small room is a fantasy from my 18 year old self and it finally came true. I thought my feelings were completely gone but I'm lying and blankly staring at the ceiling, just thinking of his stupid face all over again and the feeling of being so close to him again. And never forget those smirks and.. chuckles and.. damn. He's got me real good.

The next day, I woke to my phone ringing early in the morning and his name displays on the screen, blinking. Harry Styles. I pick up the call whilst hurting myself from the bright sunlight outside my window.

"Hello?" I answer in a rough voice as soon as I pick the call up.

"Hey pretty woman, good morning." He says sounding cheerful as ever.

"Good morning Har.."

"Har?"

"Yeah. Harry."

"I like it."

"You better do."

"Just woke up I see?"

"Yeah." I chuckle, "What made you call Styles?"

"Nothing. Just missed your voice."

"Mhm. Is that really the reason why?"

"Yep. By the way, when are you free?"

"There it is."

He giggles, "Oh come on now. Just answer the question.. 'cause if you don't have anything to do, can we go somewhere? Obviously you're there to have a peaceful vacation and if your schedule's not that busy, can we go out on a trip?"

"Trip? Where?"

"Yeah. Are you gonna say yes?"

"No. Not unless you tell me first where we're going."