C h a p t e r [72]

"Hey Beautiful! What's your name?" John asks like he's still trying to get me to entertain him.

We didn't mind him but he doesn't really know how to stop and when to quit.

"Is that your boyfriend?" He yells, then huffed, "If I were you, I'd break up with him and be with someone better instead."

"YO MAN! SHUT UP!" Another employee yells, "Don't get another customer mad because of your—"

"Nah man, I wasn't trying to make someone mad, I was just trying to get the girl to talk to me. She's pretty cute."

"One more.." I heard Shawn say under his breath.

I look up at him and see his face. Even Picasso could try but his face can't be painted in anger. He looks so upset.

"Hey! Pretty girl, please, tell me who you are. I can sing you any song you want, I can play any song on any instrument if you want, just talk to me, hot baby buns."

Shawn stopped walking.

"Shawn?"

"Did I heard that right..?" He says with a low voice, trying so hard to ask me sweetly.

I didn't answer.

"Did he just called you that..?"

I gulp, "It doesn't matter. Let's go."

He clenched his teeth as his jaws tightened.

"Shawn." I called again, "Let's just go."

"Wait here." He whispers.

"What are you gonna do?"

He puts his head down and looked at me from his side, "Don't worry." He smiles and rubs my shoulder with his firm hand, "I'll be quick." Then, he removes his arm around me and walked away.

"Shawn!" I yelled. I run to catch him and tried to stop him but he's too quick. He reached and stood before the guy.

"What, you gonna punch me?"

"What do you want from my girl?"

"Really? You deaf, man? I said I want to know her name.. and maybe.." he puts and slides his hand on his mouth, "..her number." He plays with his brows, bouncing them up and down.

I grabbed Shawn's arm and pulled him, "Shawn, please. Let's go." I said.

Shawn angrily spoke, "I don't know if you're stupid or just plain dumb, but she's taken already."

"So? You guys aren't gonna be together forever."

"Say that again." He says like a lion ready to gobble the guy up.

"You guys aren't gonna be—"

Shawn swiftly grabs the guy's collar and lift him in the air.

"SHAWN! STOP!"

He looks at me, then back to John, "As much as I want to crumple you like a small piece of paper, I'd control myself since my girlfriend wants me to stop. If she wasn't around, I would have probably destroyed your face and made sure you wouldn't be able to use those tiny legs of yours." He angrily says and puts him down like a useless tool, "I'm not fucking around. Don't bother talking back or this time, you're gonna regret opening your stinky mouth."