C h a p t e r [65]

"Here." I give him a tiny piece and he just looks at it.

"What will I do with this?"

"Throw it."

"Throw it? Aren't they gonna die from this?"

"No." I chuckle, "They'll eat them."

"Oh." He throws the piece of bread on the pond and the fish starts to crowd up and race to take the floating bread on the water.

"Can I use this?" He says, asking if he could use the muffin he's eating.

"No. Not the top part, but you can use the bottom part." I said.

"That's what I mean." He says.

"No, you don't."

"Yes, I do."

I'm just glad he's okay now. He can argue with me, again. He took a huge bite to get rid of the top part and remove the chocolate chips. I chortle, he looks so cute.

He muffles, "What?"

"Seriously? Talking with your mouth full?"

"Heh, sorry."

It was a good time having to have him open up about his childhood past. I didn't know it was disturbing than I thought it was. After he finished feeding the fish and so do I, we grabbed our empty drinks and threw it in the trash bin. He holds the plastic bag with one hand inside his pocket, while I hold the strap of my sling bag with both of my hands.

"Hey Shawn?" I said while we walk.

"Hm?"

"Can I ask, again?"

He laughs, like he knows that it's about him again, "Sure."

"What do you do when you were a kid? I mean, what do you do for fun?"

"Sing."

"So you've been singing since you were a child."

"Yep. Though I have to keep it low inside my room because I don't want anyone in the house to find out."

"Why?"

"I just don't want them to know that I still know how to have fun."

I chuckle, "A little rebellious."

"I love music. I may be a jerk and a complete asshole in your eyes, but music helped me a lot. It still does."

I just nod but I didn't know he'd add more to his statement.

"Honestly.. my dad wants to make the family whole again. He caught my stepmom with another man inside the house because she thought he was on a business trip." He scoffs, "Guess the phrase 'History repeats itself' is real."

"Did it affect you?" I ask.

"Affect me? In what way?"

"I mean, she's your stepmom and she hurt your dad, didn't you feel hurt for them or at any ways?"

He shakes his head, "No. I didn't feel any grievances or anything. She's evil. And about my dad? Getting his heart broken?" He scoffs again, "He deserves it."

"I'm sor—I mean, I guess he does, but he's still your dad."

"Not really. They separated last two years ago and he came to his realization that he wants to mend the past. He even wants me to call him dad."