C h a p t e r [129]

I closed the bathroom door and I look down on the knob, feeling the heaviness of the past. I sniff in and out, then undress myself, revealing all that has to be revealed. Then I thought, I won't take a shower but a bath. Besides, I don't want to be out there with him, unless Mom, Aunt Mary, Tippy and Sam's around.

I soak myself deep as soon as the water in the tub flows. A good warm relaxation. I closed my eyes and out a sigh, when everything seems to be in peace, a voice starts to sing.

"I promise that one day I'll be around, I'll keep you safe, I'll keep you sound.."

Just sung lowly but sounding loud because of the quietness and the echoes the bathroom's receiving. My heart races, I don't know what to do, his voice lingers in my head, is this his other way to get back to me?

"Right now it's pretty crazy and I don't know how to stop or slow it down.."

I pulled my head down into the water, preventing to hear him but I can't breathe as long as I want. I'm no mermaid. Just half a minute, I rose above to breathe air. Plates clanging, pans hitting the stove and utensils being landed against each other, makes me wonder what he's doing but whatever. I close my eyes once again and just feel the water, not minding what he's doing, besides, he's stopped singing.

Sadly, the landline phone rings, I didn't know we still have telephones. I was alerted and do not know what to do. It just rings and rings but what if it's important? I still did not stood and get out of the tub, like a hard headed kid.

Suddenly, the ringing stopped and it was quiet for a moment until a knock came at the bathroom door.

"May?" Shawn calls, "May?"

"Y—Yeah?"

"Someone's on the phone. He's looking for you."

"Me?!"

"Yeah."

"Okay, uh.. just a sec."

I stand up and the drops of water drips down my body, falling on the surface of the water, sounding like a music. I grabbed my towel to cover my naked body and another to wrap my wet hair. Then, I went out of the bathroom and carefully go my way to the living room, Shawn's waiting on the entrance and it makes me uncomfortable to see him waiting for me to fetch the phone while my body's just covered with towels.

He looks at me while I walk towards him, then he looked down and his face turned red.

"Who's it?" I ask him.

He shrugs, "No clue."

I hold the towel on my chest, securing it won't fall off and embarrass myself in front of him. I grabbed the telephone and talked.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Is this May Archer?"

"Yes. May I help you?"

"Ma'am, this is Terise from MeSh Corp. Ma'am Rome is asking how you are doing?"

"Oh! Yes, um.." I swallow, "I'm doing fine. I actually got out of the bath because someone called me."

"Ah yes. Ma'am Rome is also asking if you're still gonna continue your vacation?"

"Yes. I.. guess?"

"Ma'am? Ma'am Rome wants a specific answer. No more follow ups, just yes or no..?"

"Yes."