C h a p t e r [97]

My 3rd week of being a college student starts today and it already feels like finals. You gotta be there at 8 to 5 in the afternoon. Like who the hell does that?! I beat Shawn having a concert. The fck. Anyways, enjoy this chapter. Sorry it took so long. :( —J.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Shawn and I looked at each other like we both know what's going to happen. There's going to be a wall between us again, getting owned by the people we don't fully give our hearts to, but it won't be the same for me. I'm ending things up with Luke. It would be painful and I would look like a real asshole to break his heart but.. my feelings for him isn't the same anymore. It's just gone..

Tippy is wrong about him being unfaithful to his past relationships, I'm pretty sure he's honest to me. And he's sweet and caring.. it's totally opposite to what they're telling me. And I'm the real jerk, not him, because I will be and surely break his heart when I tell him about ending this.

Luke, he just really don't deserve me, he deserves someone better. Who will love him for who he is. Who will love those blue eyes and his wavy blonde hair. I'm just really sorry for what I'm going to do.

I don't know what will be Shawn's plan, if he's ending things too with Yuna or he's going to keep going and tell me that I need to understand the complexity of the matter.

"Remember what I said. I'll handle it, don't worry too much." He says.

"I will."

Soon, the group reached us. They all look exhausted and hungry, some of them are carrying woods and branches that was then added to the burning blocks in the middle of the tents.

Yuna ran to Shawn immediately when she saw him, her arms snapped him to her body and gave him a hug, "Oh Shawn, it was so scary out there."

Shawn looked at me and I looked at him. I breathe in and out through my nose with a broken smile. His arms are just hanging, not even wrapping them around her body, while Yuna keeps moaning about her frightening experience. Luke then yelled my name, I look and saw him coming towards me. I was not even able to call his name back or even pronounce his name, he just.. hugged me and it was tight and.. uncomfortable and he smells.. smoke..

"Damn, I shouldn't have gone there, alone." He muffles.

"Yeah. It was kind of upsetting.." I pretend.

"I'm sorry. I just thought I could go alone and look for a safer place."

"Really.. you know Luke, I came back to the spot where you told me to and you're not there."

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

"It's okay. It's already done. And why do you smell smoke? Did you smoke?"

"No, I didn't."

"Really.."

"Yeah. M—Maybe it was one of the Professors, one of them were smoking when we were coming back here."

I nod, "Alright." I tap his back as he push our bodies away.

Shawn and I looked into each other's eyes again, both wishing it's each other we're hugging. Tippy ran back to the table and then back to us with the tray of marshmallows and barbecue sticks.

"OKAY! OKAY! Now who wants to burn mallows!?" She yells.

They all yelled back with, 'I do!' And gathered around her as they pick sticks and pierce marshmallows unto it.

"Does everyone have their sticks of mallows?" Tippy asks.

"I don't." Shawn answered, "And also May, right here."

"Awww, what a sweet boyfriend!" She says as she gives us the sticks.

My heart raced, not from the blushing but from the fright and nervousness. Luke knows, Yuna knows and someone, maybe in our group knows. That everything is just pretend.

Shawn scratched his head like he's still in the role playing, "Yeah. Of course." He says.

"Yeah.." I add.

From afar, Yuna glares and Luke seems not to care.

"Alright, let's all take our seats.. Shawn took all the blankets and they're not for anyone to warm themselves but to sit on it. Thanks Shawn, by the way." Tippy says.

Everyone grabbed their piece of blanket, unfold them on the sand and sat on it. Yuna sat close to Shawn and tried to coddle him into the blanket, but Shawn told her to stop because he feels warm and not cold. Luke sat beside me and asked if it's okay if he could coddle me in, but I told him the same reason like Shawn's.

"Is everybody comfy enough? Yes? Okay, we'll start this bonfire memories with the first transferee we've had. He all made our jaws dropped with his hidden talent back at the peer building event, like SHOOKTD. This transferee goes by the name's Shawn Mendes!"

Cheered, we all clapped our hands with the feeling of excitement. This is the total definition of 'Memories for Keeps.' It's so amazing to be gathering around the fire to stay warm and just enjoying precious moments.

"BUT! Before that.." Lori says, "Since May and Shawn's dating and they seem to be the most perfect couple of all time.. May, can you give Shawn a kiss?"

"WHAT?!" I said, shocked. Luke is with me and Yuna is beside him. It's gonna be super awkward if it happened.

"Come on, May! Kiss him!" Tippy says.

I look at Shawn, he smiles like he's wanting it.

"KIIIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!!" Everybody teases, except for Yuna, Luke and one more person. Talia; with a smirk.

Shawn looks at me, those eyes are mesmerizing. Glowing from the fire's reflections. He raised a brow and eventually a cute smile.

"FINE!" I said, though Luke, Yuna and Talia's ruining my mind and giving me the unpleasant feelings.

I walk to Shawn to kiss him on the cheek but he wasn't leaning down for me to simply plant it. I have to tip toe, jump and pull his head down but it's harder when he's not cooperating. Everyone laughed, I groan, upset.

As I was about to turn around, he grabs my hand and bend his knees, "I'm just playing with you." He laughs, "Go on. Kiss me."

I wrinkle my brows and kissed him on the cheek, they cheer and yell for what they witnessed, then went back to where I'm seated.

Shawn cleared his throat, getting a little reddish ears, "You guys ready?" He asks.

"YEAHHHHH!" They yell like it was a concert.

He was about to sit, back to his place, down on the blanket but he actually wasn't. He got us all fooled by thinking he's going to sit but he just grabbed another blanket. He then grabbed a block of wood, sat on it and secretly gave me the blanket.

"Stay warm." He says.

Lori, Tippy, Miranda, Tori, Karen and most of the girls blushed and screamed their lungs out, so does the boys and the teachers too.