C h a p t e r [188]

We rode the bus and went to the mall, played games at the arcade, went book hunting at the bookstore, bought keychains and tried silly outfits.

It was something for Shawn, not being recognized by the people. He seems much happier about it that made me somehow question one thing but kept it to myself for until I find the right time to ask.

Time elapsed, it goes by so fast when you're happy, enjoying or when you're with the person you love. We've bought all of the food and materials we needed and for our last two destinations, the dog center.

There, Shawn saw a highly energetic golden retriever, he's just a pup but he wants to adopt the little one very soon.

"Are you gonna take him?" I ask, slightly dying in excitement on the inside but I know mom wouldn't like it much because well, too much work. Besides, she's also preoccupied.

"Not now Love. But soon."

We went outside and to our last stop. I remember we've never talked about our dads for the past few months. Maybe because dad's never called most often nor asked to talk to me. He just talks to mom and mom doesn't even tell me things about him which almost hardly went to a heated argument when I confronted her about it. About why Dad doesn't talk to me or even ask how I'm doing. He's ignored my messages and calls too.

It's like he's vanished from my life for no apparent reason.

"Is my dad doing okay?" I ask Shawn.

"He is. I believe my father gave him too much work. It's been months since we last talked and that time when we're face to face, he's happy and gained a lot of weight too." He looks at me, "Don't tell him I told you that."

"How can I tell him, he doesn't even talk to me."

"What?"

"He ignores my messages and calls, doesn't even want mom to pass the phone to me when they talk. We've basically lost connection to each other's lives Shawn."

"Since when was this happening!?"

"Maybe months.."

"My dad has probably something to do with it. Don't worry, I'll take care of it, okay?"

I nod, "Thank you.. but please don't get yourself in trouble too."

"He's my father, it's his conscience if he does something to me." His phone rang, "Hello? Hey Ted. What's up?"

I push myself on the swing back and forth and tried not to listen but his loud voice still makes me hear his unpleasant surprises.

"What?! What's she doing there?" His face swayed to an immediate piss, he put his face on his face and with a grunt, "Fine, fine! We're coming over. She's always up to ruining a moment. Yeah. I'm with May. A'ight. See you. Bye." He walks in front of me and scratched the back of his head, with a sigh, he says, "Ted called."

"Yeah? What's the problem?"

He clears his throat, "Well, he said Yuna's there."

"What does she want?"

He shrugs, "Don't know but we have to go. I don't want to jump into conclusions that she might be trying to sabotage everything"

"Sure, come on."

"Wait, lemme call Mustaha."

"For what?"

"So he can drive us to-"

"Or we can commute, besides, people don't recognize you with that cap covering your cute face."

"But my height and body built."