C h a p t e r [191]

Slowly, I open my eyes and thought I'm finally awake. In the darkness where I have been before, the chains I heard before and the Shawn Mendes in this dream is turned out to be the same in my reality.

"You made me worry." His voice echoes.

"Shawn?"

"Yeah. It's been so long since you came here. I missed you."

"I have no clue either why it's just now that I've seen you in my dreams again."

"Because your reality is better now than your dreams.." He grabs my hand, "And it will get even better."

"What do you mean?"

"See for yourself." He squeezed my hand and a reverse light spun around my eyes; and all of a sudden, I woke up in a room with fluorescent lights in the ceiling and one person beside me, head's down, face all over the back of my hand, clutched.

"I love you.. I'm sorry I wasn't there, I shouldn't have allowed-"

"Don't be too dramatic.."

"May!"

"I'm okay."

"I'm so sorry.."

"Shut up.." I said with a chuckle.

"I shouldn't-"

"Mendes, stop. I'm here. I'm alive.."

He stops, breathes heavily and hardly presses his lips on my hand, "Those two probably caused you trauma.."

"Love, stop.. they didn't hurt me.. well they were about to but they're both naive."

"Don't worry, they're gonna pay for what they did."

I nod and then tapped the bed, asking him to sit beside me and he did. Eventually, he completely set himself up and laid down beside me. Without words, he pulled me close and kissed my forehead. I put my head on his chest and just listen to his heartbeat while he caresses my hair. Just pure silence, pleasant to hear the tick of the clock in front of the bed.

"I was so scared.." He whispers, "I really am.. Connor called me and he said someone took you.. I won't lie but I got really mad, not that I screamed at them but I got mad at myself for just.."

"Shawn.. it's my fault. I was careless.. I have never had your experiences with these type of people. Even though I faced a lot when we were in college, you taught me how to look for the goodness in every person and that's what i was trying to do with Diervas.."

He sighs, "We both learned a lot from each other.."

"We did."

"And then.. we called the police and they were quick to take action. I didn't tell your mom yet because I don't want her to worry, it's my responsibility. You are my responsibility.. my priority.. thought I was gonna get crazy until we got a call.. saying that Yuna was almost kidnapped."

"How was she?! I.."

"She's okay but it somehow traumatized her.. she was shaking when we saw her outside."

"Where is she now?"

"Back to her hotel, she said she's going to do whatever it takes to get the man and whoever is involved with this attempted kidnapping behind bars.."

I nod, "Alright.. there's no stopping this."

"Yeah.. anyways.. they said you can leave anytime you want but I decided we stay here until the sun rises.. all you need is proper rest."

It's 3 in the morning, a few more hours and we can probably head back home. I look up at him and his eyes signifies exhaustion, they open and close gently and just staring blankly somewhere.