C h a p t e r [29]

Luke scoffs, "My bad. You're that rich dude right?"

Shawn's brows creased, sarcastic as it sounds, he replies, "Yeah. I'm that RICH dude."

Luke scoffs once again after looking at him, he puts his eyes on me and asked, "Where am I going to put these?"

"Oh, over there. The green colored stall."

"No, the yellow colored one." Shawn contradicts what I said.

I glare at him first then back to my crush, "No, the green one Luke. Don't listen to—"

"I'm already putting the decorations on that stall. If you want to finish early or at least start something, he should decorate the other one."

"What is wrong now?"

"Nothing. I just don't want someone to help me considering that I'm already doing it."

"Can't you just work together? Don't speak to each other if you want, just do the job."

"No way. I'm already halfway done."

"No no, it's cool. I'll do the yellow one. Thanks May." Luke says with a smile that just made my heart melt and that moment when he said my name echoed like a melody.

He clutched few cut outs in his hands and left, leaving me with the one and only moody jerk.

Shawn looks at me, expecting words but I didn't say a single thing and just continued doing my task. He grabbed the papers I finished cutting with only one hand, then left to the stall he's decorating.

After a minute of quietness, I glance at Luke from where I'm sitting, on the opposite side, the mood swinging jerk.

A loud sigh and slam on the table made my heart drop quick. I turn my head and see Talia with her bag on the table.

"I hope I wouldn't see that ugly nerd.. oh, hey May. It's you." She says intentionally letting me hear her ugly words against me.

I simper did everything I can not to care but she just has that annoying attitude that makes me so small.

"Do whatever you want okay? I'll just.." she drags a chair from the table and sit with her legs crossed, "Sit here and relax."

I'm her leader but I can't control her.

"Honestly and beautifully as I am, say May, I really don't understand why Professor Lerner picked you as the leader, I mean, I'm prettier, smarter of course and absolutely, I'm the people's choice, everybody likes me. In short, I can do better than you."

"You know you're not."

I look behind me and it was Shawn.

"Oh hey Shawn, didn't know you're eavesdropping." She replies.

"Eavesdropping is not my thing. I came here to pick May's cut outs and I unintentionally hear you talking trash."

Talia scoffs, "Don't be silly Mendes." She says seductively, "You just have to admit, I'm all of that."

"No. You're actually none of those things you just said."

"Excuse me?"

"Really right, excuse you." Shawn says while grabbing some cut outs.

"But I'm way prettier than her."

"Only a fool would say that."