C h a p t e r [151]

"Yeah. Same. I want a pizza too." I replied.

Shawn leans sideways and in a very soft whisper, he says, "When we get home, let's buy pizzas and muffins where we used to buy."

I nod with a beam.

We stopped by at some convenient stores, drank coffees and consumed some sandwiches then went on with the traveling again. Then stopped at another to buy some snacks and water to eat in the car while we proceed moving.

After many laughters and conversations about stupid college memories later, Tippy yawns loudly, passing on the feeling of exhaustion to each and everyone in the car. Sam and I eventually yawned, getting that Tippy effect. Shawn did too, but tried to keep it in a secret manner, clenching his teeth and getting the yawn out to his nose instead.

Tippy covers his mouth as she yawns again. Sam yawns again and so did I.

"You okay babe?" She asks.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine."

"Want me to drive for a while, man?" Shawn asks.

Sam looks at the green illuminating numbers just a few inches away in front of him. It was 11:30 in the evening. No wonder we're all tired and sleepy.

"We can stop somewhere and get some snooze." I said as I look at each one of them.

"No, May. It's dangerous to stop the car and just park anywhere." Sam says, "We're still 3 hours away from the gas station."

"Oh.."

"Come on, man. Get some rest, let me drive."

"You sure?"

"Damn sure. Stop the car, let's switch places."

I sigh, "Right, okay. Tips, let's switch places too."

"Same question goes for you, 'You sure?'"

"Same answer goes for you too, 'Damn sure.'"

We all had a little laugh even though we're all dead ass drained.

"You two take a rest, I'll keep Shawn company for a moment while he drives." I add, "And when you two wakes up, it's our turn. A'ight?"

"M-hm." Tippy answers with a whole new meaning.

"Oh shut up."

Sam stopped the car and the four of us switched places. Shawn will be driving and I'll be riding shotgun, while the couple sleeps at the backseat.

"I'll just have an hour, man."

"Nah, take all the rest you need, then we can swap. Just make sure you're fully recharged to take the wheel."

"Copy that."

"I'll go get me some cuddles." Tippy interferes.

I had little mixed emotions, like, well, I wanna cuddle with him, I mean, no. Nope. But cuddling would be so damn good.

Silence occurred for minutes until two loud snores swings back and forth like they're talking even in their sleep. When it seemed to be the right time to talk casually, Shawn turns his head to me with a smile, "Glad you chose to sit beside me."