C h a p t e r [66]

Our next stop for today's at the Memory Binge. It's a shop for decorations and other things like souvenirs. There are lots of things to see, too. Bracelets, necklaces, head wears, keychains, postcards, refrigerator magnets, cute stickers, figurines, plates, spoons, miniature license plates and mugs.

The shop bell rings as we open the door. There, an old man stands with his monocle.

"Ah. Welcome children." He says.

The shop's free and not occupied by many people today. Just right for me and him to go and look for the things we'd like to buy.

"What're we gonna do here?" Shawn asks.

"Look around. You might like something."

We went on our separate ways, aisle to aisle. Mugs are cute, with faces, letterings, quotations and even flags. I don't have anything in mind to buy. From the other aisle, I can see his hair. He's so tall that his curly brunette hair can be seen by anyone. I chuckle, then I finally have a thought what I'm supposed to get. I'd buy something for him.

I look around for more, what should I get him. A mug? A keychain? A necklace? I think necklace would be great. He'd carry it anywhere and I'd be most happy to see him wearing it. I look around the section and see two pairs of necklaces. One is a guitar pick and the other is an arrow.

Arrows are great but what does it really mean? If you shoot an arrow using a bow, it means moving forward. It defines him, yes, somehow. He moves forward and keeps forgetting about his childhood past but I think it's not suitable for him to be reminded of something he wants to forget. While the guitar pick.. I don't know if he knows how to play guitars nor haven't seen him or hear him talk about instruments. But guitars pick helps produces music from guitars and when there's music, there's a sound. He told me that music helps him to have fun and get through the problems. He uses it secretly as an escape. Something like that. All decided, it's the guitar pick then.

I look left and right and above, he might be staring at me from the other aisle. With his height, nothing is impossible; but no, he's not around. I secretly snatch the necklace and went to the old man to pay for it.

"Hi, good afternoon. Can you please swipe this necklace? Don't let anyone see you, please."

He was about to ask but I was quick to finish everything.

"This necklace is a gift and I'm about to give it to someone and that someone is with me right now and it wouldn't be a surprise if he sees the gift, right?"

The old man laughs, "Do you want a box?" He asks.

"Y–Yeah. Sure. Of course. Please put it inside after you swiped it, so when I come back to pay for it, the only thing he'd see is the box, not what's on the insi—"

"I get you." He says.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!"

I immediately went to where Shawn's standing.

"Hey Shawn." I said.

He exclaimed, "WHOA SH—MAY!" He puts both of his hands behind his back, his face turned red.

I crease my brows, "What're you hiding?"

"N–Nothing."

I tilt my head side to side, trying to figure what's in his hands behind his back, "Then why're your hands behind your back?"

"I was.. I was shocked. I'm not hiding anything." He shows his hands and he's actually holding a figurine. A tomato figurine.

"Pfft! A tomato figurine?"