C h a p t e r [10]

I need to make a quick excuse which I'm not really good at.

"I asked Professor Lerner why's he so moody and he—he said the same thing."

Feeling so sorry for lying to my best friend, but I really can't have her thinking that we're already a couple and what's more is that we're living on the same roof.

"Oh.. because that's the truth May. He's still new to this place, he's still adjusting. You need more patience if you wanna make this upcoming peer building event successful."

All I can think was dealing with his boastful attitude that just switches into calm and good side. It hurts my brain to think how I'm going to figure his sudden mood changes, how I am going to deal with it.

"I wish I'd have more." I said as I open my locker.

"Just take a deep breath and try to smile often. Think of a good thing whenever he tries to bring you down into a bad mood."

"Thanks Tippy. I'll try that if we talk again."

"Why? D'yo two fought or something?"

I twitch my face and moved my head side to side, "Mmm.. yeah. Something like that. Just a misunderstanding."

"What'd you guys fought about?"

"Not fought actually, maybe a little argument. It's just about the silly peer building event."

"Yeah? What happened?"

"Professor Lerner wants me to explain every single thing he needs to know and when I was trying to explain it to him, he's just being a complete ass."

"Maybe he likes you?"

"WHAT?! No! NO!"

"Boys are like that May. They act like jerks around the people they like."

"How'd you know?"

"Um? Hello? Sam?"

"Oh, yeah.. I forgot."

"Remember when he got mad over the small ink accident?"

"Yeah, that time when you accidentally drew a small dot on his shirt?"

"Yep. It was just a teenie-tiny dot, I can't even see it but he noticed. He even made me look closer just to let me know I stained it."

"Right. He's a real ass that day."

"I know but look where we are now."

I roll my eyes, "Okay. Whatever."

"Hey, don't need to be all bitter gourd May, there's two possibilities here, he's adjusting or he likes you."

"WHAT? No. NO THANK YOU! He can't like me, he's not even here for a month yet, nor a week!"

"So? Will it take a year before a person develops feelings for another? Pfftt.. no."

"Or he's just nothing but a moody rich headed guy. No need to dig deeper. He's MOODY and a JERK. That's all."

She lifts her hand and checks the time, "Oh well, I hope you date him 'cause he is a hundred times better than your crush."