C h a p t e r [30]

Shawn didn't end up sitting at the table but instead continued walking inside the school building.

"Hey! Wait up!" I yelled.

He turns his head to look at me from his back.

Students are all over the place, walking, chatting and laughing, just like normal college students.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"Lunch." He says a little too loud for me to hear from his back.

After having to walk like I'm catching a moving car, finally, I was able to catch up.

"It isn't even lunch break yet!" I said.

"It is." And the bell suddenly rang. A good timing though.

I stopped, "Okay. Have fun."

Expecting I can go back to my future husband, Luke Hemmings and help him on decorating the stall.

"H-Hey! Wait!" He exclaimed.

"Hm?"

"Get me food first."

I groan, "How hard is it for you to go there and order your own food?"

He didn't speak and just waited. Unable to complain, I walk with him until we're in the school canteen. Everybody's staring at us, but mostly at him.

"Here." I hand him a tray.

"What about you?" He asks.

"I'm not going to eat."

"What? Why?"

"I'm still full."

"Suit yourself." He says and picked whatever he wants in double and paid them himself.

2 boxes of milk, 2 plastic bowl of vegetable salad and various sliced fruits in a cup.

"Are you seriously letting me carry this tray with one hand?"

"You already got what you want. Lunch. I'm going now."

"Where?"

"I'll help Luke."

"Right. At least help me carry this tray and find me some place to sit."

"What, you're disabled now? You can use your other fingers and obviously, you can do it yourself. It's easy. Don't be such a baby. You just have to-"

"Oh, have you forgotten what your mom said? Do whatever it takes to please him. And it's your fault why my finger's all painful again."

I roll my eyes, grabbed the sides of the tray and carried. Took my feet and walked to find some empty seat. Every table we pass with students sitting in it has their eyes glued on us.

"Why does that Luke needs help anyways?"

I shrug, "I don't know but he needs my help, so I'm going to help him."

"You're going to help him because you like him."

"Really? With that reasoning? I don't even like you yet I'm helping you."