C h a p t e r [105]

Blinking eyes as tears fell on the polaroid pictures. This is nothing but treachery. I turn the pictures around and there are dates pasted on it. They've been hooking up ever since, and I'm just a fool who got played by Luke.

I clenched my teeth in the feeling of betrayal, I slammed my locker door, put the pictures inside my bag for future purposes and head outside the building, trying to get some air before I could even have a break down.

The looks everyone is giving me is making me anxious and insecure. Everybody knows. The news spread like wildfire in just a few hours of being in class.

I cover my face with my bag and unintentionally bumped against someone.

"I–I'm sorry!" I said. I looked at the person's face and it was Tippy, heading back to the building, "Tips.."

Her shocked face turned into a cold stare. Her brows wrinkled and her lips compressed.

"Tips, there's something I wanna tell you.. can we talk?"

"What is it May? Oh, maybe, it's about you and Shawn? Am I right? That the relationship you made me and everyone believe is fake? You did it out of a deal? And the two of you are living together?" She scoffs, "No May, we can't talk.."

"Please Tips.." I said starting to cry, "I can't do this alone. I need someone to talk to."

"Then that's not me, May. You lied to me."

"I'm sorry.. I'm really sorry.."

"Why did you have to do that?! Why did you have to lie?!"

"Because I saw how happy you were for me when you saw him with me.. when you thought the two of us are together. Yes, we made a deal and I took it because I wanted everyone to know that there's still a guy out there who will love me for who I am.. even though I know I'm lying to myself, to you and everyone else here."

She shakes her head, "I thought we were best friends.. how did you keep a lie this long.."

"I'm so sorry.."

"I'm like a fan who screams and shrieks every time I see the two of you, every time he takes you home.. and then I'll just find out that you and him is not a real thing and worse, you guys are living in one roof."

"I'm sorry I lied Tips. I'm—"

"I can't talk right now May. It sucks because I'm your best friend yet I'm the late one to know about this." She said and walked away.

Things are falling apart. It's not normal anymore. First, Shawn and Yuna at the greenhouse, Second, Luke and Talia's affair, Third, Shawn and I's fake relationship and living together and Fourth, my best friend getting disappointed by what she found out.

I wipe off the tears forming in my eyes, not knowing anymore where to go. I head back to the school building and back to the classroom where I see Yuna and her new friends giggling and murmuring about something. I proceed inside and didn't mind any of them. I sat and tried to close my eyes, but I was disturbed when I heard Yuna blurting about her beautiful necklace.

"You know girls, this necklace is so pretty." She says, making sure I hear it loud and clear.

"Oh. So true. Where did you get it?" One girl asked.