C h a p t e r [35]

"Hey baby.."

I open my eyes slowly, still sinking in if the person in front of me is just a dream or real.

"Oh baby, you're so beautiful.."

I squeeze my eyes and smacked my lips.

"Luke..?"

"You're awake.."

"What're you..?"

"Good Morning babe." He smiles, "Ready for the event?"

"Eve-Event?"

"Yeah, the peer building event baby.."

I gasp and pull myself up to sit and he's gone, quick like a bubble that just popped. Awaken, I realize that he was just a pigment of my dream. I groan, wasted another chance. I look at the time and I'm already 20 minutes late to the said time.

They're gonna kill me. I asked Tippy to tell Karen to arrive 1 hour early before the event starts and I'm not even there yet. I move like I'm trying to imitate sonic, the blue hedgehog. I trip, I hit my toe, I slip, I even almost fall on the stairs. About to pass the living room, I saw him there, sitting, all dressed up and ready.

"Finally!" He yells.

I ignored him and went straight to the bathroom and took a really quick shower. Darn, I still have to make him breakfast, maybe that's why he said 'finally' because I'm finally awake to serve his highness.

I head out and ran upstairs, wore black shirt and jeans and rubber shoes, picked up my bag and ran down. After having all the crazy commotions, I finished doing everything for myself.

I was about to head out and leave him but I remembered that he's also in my group and not just any member, he's my co-leader. I head to the living room and stood on the entrance.

"Come on!" I said.

He raises a brow, "Where's breakfast?"

"Are you seriously asking for that now? We're late!"

"Late for what?"

"The event!"

He rolls his eyes, "Yeah I know, what I mean is what do you mean late? It's still too early."

"Didn't Tippy sent you a text?"

"Huh? What text?"

I groan, "Never mind, just.. let's go!"

"Not until you make me breakfast."

I'm starting to sweat on my forehead, time's running and having this conversation with him makes it more likely for me, for us to be late. The leader and the co-leader, both late. And we're not just leaders in their eyes anymore now but a couple since we started the deal three days ago.

"Come on, please? We're gonna be late."

"Breakfast Miss Archer."

"I'll buy you food. My treat. I promise."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

He stood, I went out and walked, he follows but I'm ahead of him.