C h a p t e r [164]

Harry and I traveled for minutes, long enough that I couldn't even remember but I know that before the event could even begin, we got there.

There are too many people, but all of them do not seem normal. They all look rich and fabulous. I don't even know if I could fit in. Cameras everywhere, flowers on stands, lightings and red carpet. It's like one of those events high end artists attend to.

"You okay?" Harry asks.

I nod, "Yeah.."

"Come on, tonight's gonna be a good night."

As we are about to get out of the car, I remember that I haven't changed yet.

"OH MY GOD! Harry I'm not dressed yet!"

"Holy crap!"

"I forgot to tell you to stop at a gas station!"

"I'll take you to the comfort room."

"No. I'm not going out like this. I don't want to embarrass you."

"You won't. Come on." He turns his key and opens the door and heads out.

"Oh! I know!" He walks to my door and was about to open it, I roll down the window and said, "I'll just change here. You wait there."

"You sure?"

"Yep."

"Okay, wait.." he went back to the driver's seat and turn the car back on. "I'm just gonna.." he moans, "..turn this on." The air conditioner started blowing cold air again, "So you won't be dealing with the heat while changing."

"Thank you." I said with a smile.

"No worries honey, I'll be your look out. I'll make sure no one will see you change."

"Thanks."

He heads out and stood. Hands inside his pockets. I roll the window back up and locked the doors, then I crawl my way to the backseat where my dress was and there, I struggle changing. Picture me like a little bird trapped in a very tiny cage. Hands hitting the ceiling, elbows bumping the seats, legs thudding the door. After a couple minutes of dressing up, I unlock the doors and that was his cue.

Harry knocks on the window, "You done?"

"Y—Yeah. I'm just.. just folding my clothes."

"You can do that later, besides it's only the two of us. Let's go. The event coordinator already saw me."

"Okay, just a sec."

I left my shirt and shorts unfolded in the backseat and went out. I don't have any make up on my face, nothing. Just the necklace Harry bought.

"Harry..?"

He turns around and his face swirled with shock. He just stares at me, from head to toe. Mouth slightly open. I walked to him and grabbed his forearm.

"Heeeey!" I said like a child forcing my parent to take me to a playhouse.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, you ready?"

I nod, "I don't know. I'm not sure. I don't have any make up on.."

"No need. You look perfect. Wait.. something looks missing.. where's the bracelet."

"Oh, right. I forgot."

"Wait here." He went back in the car and fetched the bracelet for me, "Here.." he says, offering to put the bracelet on me.

I lift my arm and he puts it on. It shimmers even though it's getting darker.

"I'm nervous.." I mumble.