C h a p t e r [184]

Like the usual, Shawn snuck into my room and slept beside me.

The next day, I woke up without him on my side, I simply sat up and just knew that I should call and talk to my boss regards to my prolonged vacation leave.

I've took almost a month and a half off yet oddly, I'm still receiving texts about getting money from the company as a salary, though I've been gone for so long. That is just unusual.

"Good morning Ma'am."

"May! It's been so long!"

"Y-Yes." Embarrassed, I don't really know what to say, but she sounded excited and happy, not how a usual boss would react when she just receives a from her employee, "I'm sorry it took me a long time to report about-"

"It's okay. I thought maybe you're taking your time slowly and somehow finding yourself."

"Yeah but it's just odd that I'm still getting money from you despite the fact that I'm not working."

"It's.. um.. I just thought you need it, that's why I'm still dropping money into your account."

"My coworkers are going to be upset if they found out about this."

"Look, you are a valued employee, that's why we're doing everything to make you stay, besides, you did not took your days off when you were working."

"But no need to send me money Ma'am, I know I should be grateful because that just sounded like a dream and all but I'm sorry to suspect you of something, but are you? It's just.. strange that you sounded happy when I called."

"WHAT!? NO!" She then giggled a bit, "We REALLY REALLY just wanted to help."

Something rang in my head, an idea to clear up my suspicion, "Thank you but if that's the case, I am so sorry.. I don't think I can go on with this. It's just.. it's embarrassing."

"What's to be embarrassed about?"

"The vacation leave, the money you're still putting in my account. It's just really.. odd. That's why I'm sorry.. maybe I'll just quit the job."

"WHAT?! NO! I mean, you can't."

"What do you mean?"

"Because like I said, you're a valued employee."

"That is not enough reason Ma'am.. just.. please tell me the reason behind this support."

She sighs, "Fine, I'll tell.. but please don't tell anyone. It's confidential."

"I.. okay.."

"Rico Mendes."

"I-I'm sorry?"

"The company's real owner is Rico Mendes. The multi billionaire from Canada."

Shawn's dad?! All this time I'm working for Shawn's father and I'm clueless?!

"You.. You mean.. the father of-"

"Shawn Mendes. Yes."

"Oh my god."

"But don't get the wrong idea May, it's not his orders to send money in your account. It's his son."

"All this time!?"

"No, no. Just when you started your vacation leave."

"Since when did he knew I'm working in the company?"

"Just this year. Do you know him personally? You sound so uncomfortable with the news.."

"I.. he doesn't have anything to do with my promotion, does he?"