C h a p t e r [165]

"You okay?"

"Y—Yeah.. I just.. I thought I saw someone. Come on.."

Harry and I continues, following Niall to the group of people Harry knows. They hugged and talked about how long they haven't seen each other, things that's changed and people they met. Of course, Harry did his thing too, introducing me to his friends as his date. They all gave me a warm welcome and it shows how much of a good person Harry is. He met these good people because of his goodness.

"Sit down May." He says as he pulls out a chair from the table.

"Thank you." I sit down and he pulls another chair out and sits beside me.

I look around, see these men in waiter suits with trays of food. FINALLY! It's time to eat! I'm famished.

"You sure you're okay?"

"Harry, of course I'm okay! Specially that the food's coming towards us."

He chuckles, "Food makes everything okay, huh?"

"Mhm."

The waiter finally arrives at our spot, he puts down various types of food in decorated plates and boy, they all smells so good! I want to have all of them, gobble them up, but unfortunately, I'm seated in front of elegant people. It would be embarrassing to eat like a whale here.

We start to eat and as much I hate eating slow, or even cut meat like a weakling, I still have to. Because, well, ELEGANCE!

Everything's good. Lights, music, people, dresses and suits, drinks and food, everything. Suddenly, a woman talks and it reminded me of someone. Not a good old acquaintance or friend, but a total wrecker.

I look around but I didn't see the woman I was expecting. Harry noticed that I often look left and right, even behind me, as if I'm getting crazy.

"May?"

"Hm?"

"Why do you keep looking here and there? Are you okay? Is something bothering you? We can go if you want."

"No, no. I'm okay. I'm sorry I'm acting a little weird."

"If you wanna go, let me know, alright?"

"Yes, I will. Sorry."

"Don't be." He smiles, "The speaker's already here."

"Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention please!"

Everyone silenced and turned their attention to the speaker in front. Spotlight's on him.

"Good Evening. I know all of you are here to have a good time, a good music and a purpose. To socialize! It's really really nice to see all of your beautiful faces up here, the sparkly dresses, the shining jewelries. I'm seeing pretty ladies women AND THIS is gonna be a really good night. Hihihi!" He laughs evilly and we laughed back, "I'm just playing, but this night's really gonna be good! Hi there pretty lady, the woman in the white dress, yes, hi. OOOHH! DON'T FLASH THAT BEAUTY ON ME!"

Everybody giggled. Soon, he became a little serious.

"Alright. For a certain reason, we all know why we're actually here. To celebrate someone's arrival. To meet him in the flesh. He's not only smart, handsome—" he was cut off suddenly with a man, running towards the stage. Holding a card, looking like the coordinator of the event. He runs up to the stage and whispered to the man, then came down right afterwards, "I'm sorry to say but I guess we'll have to wait. There's some technical problems that the management still has to fix. So.. I guess we'll just have to let you continue eating your dinner then proceed to some more time to meet new people. Mister!" He looks to the side, "Play some slow violin music."