C h a p t e r [36]

Luke comes to us, he speaks, "Hey guys. Am I late?"

For the first time, I got a little upset and not felt any blush when he spoke, I'm just really pissed. I didn't respond.

"Hey May..? You okay?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"You sure?"

"Hey blondie, didn't you hear her? She already answered your question." Shawn said.

"This conversation is only for two, rich boy. Means I'm not talking to you, therefore, stop trying to stir your spoon in the coffee. Stop getting in our conversation."

"Will you guys quit it?! Luke, didn't Karen told you to arrive one hour early?"

"No. She didn't say anything."

I put my hand on my face, sighed aggressively, "God." I walked away from them and gave myself a little space.

Not a second has passed, Shawn's already beside me, "It'll be okay. Don't stress yourself too much Miss Archer."

"Are you serious? Don't stress myself? This is on me, okay? I failed to tell everybody the strategy. The blame's on me if we lose this thing. Professor Lerner believes in me so much, he made me the leader of this group and I failed to fulfill my duty as one."

"Hey." He touches my shoulder, "Look at me."

I turn to him and with all my might, I didn't know what'd just happened but I stare into his eyes and realized that his brown eyes is not really just brown, they're hazel that turns into a little honey orange. My heart starts to tremble, nervous, frightened.

"Breathe in.." he says.

My brows crease, "What're you—"

"Just breathe in."

"Oh, so now you're being nice again. Then after this, what? You're going to treat me like crap?"

"No. I'm doing this because you still owe me breakfast. And I still believe we'll win this thing because a meanie like you is so unlikely to just let herself lose."

In the middle of his melodramatic statement, the members of my group starts to arrive. They all stand with Luke while they all murmur.

"Let's go. You need to talk and tell us we can do this."

I nod, "I guess.."

"Stop with those unsure answer. Not a good sign for a leader. Answer with 'Of course' or 'Definitely.' Now answer again."

"Of-Of course."

"Good. Now let's go."

We head back to where we were before. I swallow and sigh, surely, we don't have enough time to do the discussion regarding the strategies.

"Hey students!" Lori starts to speak, "We'll give you 10 minutes to prepare. After the provided time, we'll go on to the challenge."

I pull my group together. Shawn beside me, Luke walked to be on my other side, Talia stands beside Luke and all the whole members formed in a circle.

"Guys.. I'm really sorry regarding the strategies. Karen, Tippy called you last night, right?"

Her mouth dropped open like she just remembered, "Oh my god." She smacked her head, "I am so sorry May, I forgot to tell them."