C h a p t e r [44]

After the game, my group gathered around me and Shawn. Speculating us, asking questions like we're in an interview. Concerned members of the group and random students.

"You okay?" Luke asks.

I nod, "Y-Yeah. I am.." I answered.

From a quite distance away from Shawn, I noticed how he's gripping his wrist where his burnt finger is.

"Let's go to the clinic, you might've sprained your ankle or—" Luke says like a concerned future boyfriend he is but I didn't know why I suddenly had the guts to cut him off, to cut off the guy of my dreams.

"I–no.. I'm totally fine. I swear.. but can you please wait a second? I just need to.." I said and walked towards Shawn.

"Excuse me, 'scuse, 'scuse me." I said as I make my way to him.

He looks at me, a little surprised.

"Does it hurt?" I ask.

"The what?"

"Those.." I said and pointed to his hand.

"Thanks guys. I'm fine. I'm okay now. My girlfriend's here." Shawn says to our group and the students around us.

Those who still doesn't know about us, are pretty shocked as they're leaving, while those who already know seems to be in a blush and in jealousy.

"The what, again?" He asks.

"Your hand.. your finger.. or does it hurt somewhere else?

He shakes his head like a little kid trying to hide the pain, "N-No, nothing hurts. I'm okay."

"You sure?"

He nods, "Yeah.."

"Okay.." I swallow before having the fully decided to say, "By the way.. earlier.. I just wanna say—"

"May! Shawn!" Tippy says rushing towards us, "You guys okay?"

"We–We are." Shawn scoops me in closer to his side fast.

She puts her hands together with her eyes so sad, "My favorite couple's hurt. I can't with this. You sure you guys are okay?" It's funny how Tippy acts like a concerned mother.

"Yeah. We're okay Tips." I said.

"Singing Charades starts in a few minutes Shawn, I didn't know you sing."

He wets his lips, "I do." I didn't expect him to put a little smile while I was in his arm, "Your best friend right here inspired me to pursue it even more."

"That is so sweet! Honestly, really really, I didn't expect, not a single bit that you sing."

"Well, he's just full of surprises." I said trying to support, make him feel the benefit even for a second.

"True, but do you still wanna do this or you want a sub? There's someone in your group who can sing, too."

Shawn looks at me, then to Tippy, "Of course I can. Absolutely. I don't need a sub. I'm 100% okay. Right, my love?" He says as he rubs my shoulder.

"Y-Yeah. He's alright." I said with a chuckle.

"I'll play, Tippy. Besides, this is the only game I'll be participating, my girlfriend right here only listed down mostly the members; there's nothing, not even a stain of the name of her boyfriend."